The 9’ wide, Maunsell 59’ ‘High Window’ stock was authorised in 1929 by the Southern Railway and is represented in the range this year by Corridor Brake Third (BTK) coaches Nos. 3797 and 3798, Corridor First (FK) No. 7406 and Corridor Third (TK) No. 1216.
The BTK stock was built to Order No. E707, under diagram D2110, with thirty vehicles entering service in September 1933, whilst the FK stock were built to Order No. E490 and delivered in August 1930. Comprising sixteen vehicles, under diagram D2501, they originally formed part of eleven coach trains for the Waterloo-Southampton services. The TK stock was built to Order No. E705, a large order of fifty vehicles to diagram D2001 that was delivered in December 1933.
Together, these coaches formed part of Set 328, a type B five coach formation that was allocated to the SR’s SW Division special traffic, based at Bournemouth West, when first formed in 1933. The Set appeared regularly on Waterloo-Bournemouth and Weymouth services and occasionally visited Salisbury, even making it out to Exeter during summer timetabling.
Hornby is the UK’s leading model railway brand. Its high quality 00 gauge models (1:76) are slightly bigger than H0 (1:87), but will run on the same gauge track.
Detailed scale model. Not suitable for children under 14 years. Colours and contents may differ from those illustrated. Please retain these details and the address for future reference.
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
|Livery/owner||SR Olive Green|
- NEM Couplings
Product Questions & Answers Sign in or register to ask a question
Do you have a question about this product that other customers may be able to answer? Simply log in to the website and ask - other customers can then offer their help and answers.
Questions submitted should be aimed at other collectors, especially those that have previously purchased the model. The Q&A feature is not designed for contacting Customer Care or addressing Hornby Hobbies directly. If you do have a question for us, please do still contact us but use the Contact Us page instead.
Submissions that violate these rules (and the Guidelines) will be declined.
Please read the questions & answers guidelines before asking or answering a question.
- Once submitted, questions and answers should appear on the website within 72 hours, however, we will endeavour to approve both questions and answers as soon as possible.
- Please keep questions relevant and related to the product you’re asking it on. General questions can be asked on our Forum or sent straight to Customer Services
- Remember to keep questions and answers short and concise. Longer questions and answers are less likely to be read.
- Be sure to vote on answers you find either helpful or unhelpful. These votes are vital to getting the most helpful answers to other collectors.
- Please refrain from asking questions involving other manufacturers. For example, asking if something is better or worse than a competitor’s product is not permitted.
- Do not include personal information (email addresses or telephone numbers) in any question or answer.
- Any questions or answers that contain profanities, distasteful language or promotional material will not be approved. This also applies to Nicknames.