BR, Class 370 Advanced Passenger Train, Set 370 001 and 370 002, 7-car pack - Era 7
c Available to Pre-order now Don't miss out! Pre-order today and be amongst the first to receive this item.Pre-order FAQ's
- What is a Pre-Order? It is possible to secure some items before they come into stock by pre-ordering on the website. This is especially useful when a product is anticipated to be popular, and could sell out in a short time once released.
- When will my Pre-Order arrive? The product listing gives an estimated arrival time for the product. We will contact you by email if this changes significantly. When stock arrives, pre-orders are despatched in the order that they were placed. You can keep track of your pre-orders by logging into My Orders.
- When will I be charged? Your card will only be charged once your pre-order has been despatched.
- Are my card details safe? Yes – we use an external, secure payment system, Braintree (part of PayPal) to store and handle your card details.
- Can I cancel my Pre-Order? Yes – you can cancel a pre-order before it has been despatched. Log into My Orders, or contact our Customer Care team with your pre-order number on 1.877.358.6405 or CustomerSupport@hornby.us
- Can I pay by PayPal for a Pre-Order? At present pre-orders can only be made using a credit or debit card.
- How many items can I Pre-Order? There is no limit to the number of pre-orders that you can place. However, for some products there may be a limit on the number of units that can be pre-ordered. This will be clearly marked on the product listing.
- Why is more than one delivery charge showing in my basket? Pre-order items will be despatched as soon as they come into stock. If you have different pre-order items in your basket, or a mixture of pre-order and in stock items these will each show a separate delivery charge if applicable.
- What happens if my registered card expires before my item comes into stock? If your card expires, we will send you an email asking you to log into your account and update your card details.
- What if I decide to pay with a different card after I place my Pre-Order? You can change the registered card for each pre-order by visiting My Orders.
- Will you definitely have the stock to fulfil my Pre-Order? Yes – unlike some websites, which take Pre-Orders without securing stock in advance, we guarantee that we have secured stock levels for our Pre-Orders. In the unlikely event that we cannot honour your Pre-Order (except when a product is completely withdrawn before release) we will give you a $10 gift voucher to spend on the Hornby website.
- Can I make a Pre-Order by post or telephone? At this time we can only take pre-orders via the website.
- Can I use a Club or discount code on Pre-Orders? Yes you can.
FREE delivery when you spend over $75
$8.00 for all orders under $75.00
We ship via USPS, UPS and FedEx depending on parcel contents
At the beginning of 1982, the CM&EE considered that development problems with the ATP-P project would mean that the introduction of APT-S, scheduled for 1988, would not happen because APT-P still required at least six more years to achieve an acceptable degree of reliability. Given this situation, a meeting of the BRB Railway Executive Group on 23 June 1982 laid out four options for the commercial introduction of APT as part an overall InterCity traction strategy, with the quickest solution being the APT-U option.
The APT-U was to consist of two power cars, one at either end of the train, and ten passenger cars, with a proposed increase to twelve vehicles to follow. Tilt was to be incorporated, but not articulation and the anticipation of the Board was for twenty trainsets to be completed for use mainly on the London to Manchester and Liverpool routes, with selected operation to Glasgow. As this design incorporated proven equipment and dispensed with the APT-P's transfer gearbox and HK braking, it was envisaged that service operation could begin before 1989.
In mid-1984, TS Sc48204 was withdrawn from Set 370 004 and sent to the Engineering Development Unit (EDU) at Derby RTC for conversion to an APT-U test vehicle, extensive rebuilding of the underframe being undertaken in order to incorporate tilting double bogies based on the BT12 units. Following completion some static testing was undertaken at Derby, as well as dynamic testing on the WCML in an APT formation, where the coach was inserted between the TBF and NDM vehicles.
Create a Later Fourteen Car Formation
To complete your fourteen car formation, add the following SKUs (sold separately): -
Hornby is the UK’s leading model railway brand. Its high quality 00 gauge models (1:76) are slightly bigger than H0 (1:87), but will run on the same gauge track.
Technical Specification & Detail
|DCC Type||DCC Ready|
|Period||Era 7 (1971 - 1986)|
|Operator/Livery||BR Intercity, Intercity Executive|
|Motor||5 Pole Skew Wound|