BR, Class 5MT, 4-6-0, 45379 - Era 11
c Available to Pre-order now Don't miss out! Pre-order today and be amongst the first to receive this item.Pre-order FAQ's
- What is a Pre-Order? It is possible to secure some items before they come into stock by pre-ordering on the website. This is especially useful when a product is anticipated to be popular, and could sell out in a short time once released.
- When will my Pre-Order arrive? The product listing gives an estimated arrival time for the product. We will contact you by email if this changes significantly. When stock arrives, pre-orders are despatched in the order that they were placed. You can keep track of your pre-orders by logging into My Orders.
- When will I be charged? Your card will only be charged once your pre-order has been despatched.
- Are my card details safe? Yes – we use an external, secure payment system, Braintree (part of PayPal) to store and handle your card details.
- Can I cancel my Pre-Order? Yes – you can cancel a pre-order before it has been despatched. Log into My Orders, or contact our Customer Care team with your pre-order number on 1.877.358.6405 or CustomerSupport@hornby.us
- Can I pay by PayPal for a Pre-Order? At present pre-orders can only be made using a credit or debit card.
- How many items can I Pre-Order? There is no limit to the number of pre-orders that you can place. However, for some products there may be a limit on the number of units that can be pre-ordered. This will be clearly marked on the product listing.
- Why is more than one delivery charge showing in my basket? Pre-order items will be despatched as soon as they come into stock. If you have different pre-order items in your basket, or a mixture of pre-order and in stock items these will each show a separate delivery charge if applicable.
- What happens if my registered card expires before my item comes into stock? If your card expires, we will send you an email asking you to log into your account and update your card details.
- What if I decide to pay with a different card after I place my Pre-Order? You can change the registered card for each pre-order by visiting My Orders.
- Will you definitely have the stock to fulfil my Pre-Order? Yes – unlike some websites, which take Pre-Orders without securing stock in advance, we guarantee that we have secured stock levels for our Pre-Orders. In the unlikely event that we cannot honour your Pre-Order (except when a product is completely withdrawn before release) we will give you a $10 gift voucher to spend on the Hornby website.
- Can I make a Pre-Order by post or telephone? At this time we can only take pre-orders via the website.
- Can I use a Club or discount code on Pre-Orders? Yes you can.
FREE delivery when you spend over $50
$4.00 for all orders under $50.00
We ship via USPS, UPS and FedEx depending on parcel contents
The ‘Black Fives’ were mixed traffic class locomotives, a ‘do-anything-go-anywhere’ type, designed by Sir William Stanier. In their early days the locomotives were known as the ‘Black Staniers’ from their black livery but later on they became known as ‘Black Fives’; the number referring to the power classification. ‘Black Fives’ occasionally worked as far south as Bournemouth and even ran over the Mid Hants Railway, 'the 'Watercress Line'. This locomotive class was large enough for the steep gradients but small enough to be economical. Eighteen of the Class have been preserved. In 1974, ‘45379’ was bought for restoration and taken to the Avon Valley Railway, then later to The Great Central Railway. It was bought from there by MHRPS, coming to Alresford on 1 March, 2002.
The restoration of ‘45379’ was completed in time for the Somerset & Dorset Steam Spectacular that ran between 10-12 September appearing alongside the visiting S&DJR Class 7F No. 88, the five year restoration effort visible for all to see. ‘45379’ is currently a welcome guest of The 1:1 Collection, awaiting overhaul for its return to steam.
Hornby is the UK’s leading model railway brand. Its high quality 00 gauge models (1:76) are slightly bigger than H0 (1:87), but will run on the same gauge track.
Prop 65 Warning
Prop 65 Warning
Prop 65 Warning
WARNING: Cancer & Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
California Proposition 65
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
|DCC Type||DCC Ready|
|Period||Era 11 (2014 +)|
|Operator/Livery||Late BR Black|
|Limited Edition Size||1,000|
|Designer||Sir William Stanier|
|Motor||5 Pole Skew Wound|