The 15 Guinea Special Train Pack, Era 5
c Available to Pre-order now Don't miss out! Pre-order today and be amongst the first to receive this item.Pre-order FAQ's
- What is a Pre-Order? It is possible to secure some items before they come into stock by pre-ordering on the website. This is especially useful when a product is anticipated to be popular, and could sell out in a short time once released.
- When will my Pre-Order arrive? The product listing gives an estimated arrival time for the product. We will contact you by email if this changes significantly. When stock arrives, pre-orders are despatched in the order that they were placed. You can keep track of your pre-orders by logging into My Orders.
- When will I be charged? Your card will only be charged once your pre-order has been despatched.
- Are my card details safe? Yes – we use an external, secure payment system, Braintree (part of PayPal) to store and handle your card details.
- Can I cancel my Pre-Order? Yes – you can cancel a pre-order before it has been despatched. Log into My Orders, or contact our Customer Care team with your pre-order number on 1.877.358.6405 or CustomerSupport@hornby.us
- Can I pay by PayPal for a Pre-Order? At present pre-orders can only be made using a credit or debit card.
- How many items can I Pre-Order? There is no limit to the number of pre-orders that you can place. However, for some products there may be a limit on the number of units that can be pre-ordered. This will be clearly marked on the product listing.
- Why is more than one delivery charge showing in my basket? Pre-order items will be despatched as soon as they come into stock. If you have different pre-order items in your basket, or a mixture of pre-order and in stock items these will each show a separate delivery charge if applicable.
- What happens if my registered card expires before my item comes into stock? If your card expires, we will send you an email asking you to log into your account and update your card details.
- What if I decide to pay with a different card after I place my Pre-Order? You can change the registered card for each pre-order by visiting My Orders.
- Will you definitely have the stock to fulfil my Pre-Order? Yes – unlike some websites, which take Pre-Orders without securing stock in advance, we guarantee that we have secured stock levels for our Pre-Orders. In the unlikely event that we cannot honour your Pre-Order (except when a product is completely withdrawn before release) we will give you a $10 gift voucher to spend on the Hornby website.
- Can I make a Pre-Order by post or telephone? At this time we can only take pre-orders via the website.
- Can I use a Club or discount code on Pre-Orders? Yes you can.
FREE delivery when you spend over $50
$4.00 for all orders under $50.00
We ship via USPS, UPS and FedEx depending on parcel contents
The ’15 Guinea Special’ was the last mainline passenger train to be hauled by steam traction under British Rail on August 11, 1968 and the preparations for 1T57 were considerable. For the tour, five operational steam locomotives had to be retained on the books until after it was completed and their footplate crews rostered to work with steam for one last time. Behind the scenes, special commemorative tickets and brochures were printed and special 'British Rail runs out of Steam' posters distributed to stations.
1T57 covered 314 miles during its 10¾ hour journey and special stops for the benefit of photographers were made during the first stage at Rainhill, where the original locomotive trials were held by the Liverpool and Manchester Railway in 1829 and at Parkside, where the Rt. Hon. William Huskisson MP was killed in an accident following the opening ceremony of the Liverpool and Manchester Railway on September 15, 1830.
Class 5MT 45110 had started the tour, taking the ten car train from Liverpool Lime Street to Manchester Victoria, where 70013 'Oliver Cromwell' was waiting to take 1T57 for the remainder of the journey. Crowds turned out in their hundreds to bid their farewells and local roads were littered with parked vehicles, particularly in the regular 'spotting' locations. Arrival at Carlisle was thirty minutes late, but the locomotive changeover time was reduced, with Class 5MT's 44781 and 44871 replacing, 70013 'Oliver Cromwell' as the tour retraced its route back to Liverpool Lime Street. At Manchester Victoria, Class 5MT 45110 once more took over the train, completing the trip back to Lime Street, where it became the last locomotive in British Rail service to return to its own shed.
- BR, Standard 7 'Britannia' Class, 4-6-2, 70013 ‘Oliver Cromwell’ - Era 5
- BR, Mk1 Brake Second Open, E9223 - Era 5
- BR, Mk1 Tourist Second Open, M4995 - Era 5
- BR, Mk1 Tourist Second Open, M4933 - Era 5
Hornby is the UK’s leading model railway brand. Its high quality 00 gauge models (1:76) are slightly bigger than H0 (1:87), but will run on the same gauge track.
Detailed scale model. Not suitable for children under 14 years.Please refer to the safety notes in the enclosed instruction leaflet. Colours and contents may differ from those illustrated. Please retain these details and the address for future reference.
Prop 65 Warning
Prop 65 Warning
Prop 65 Warning
WARNING: Cancer & Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
California Proposition 65
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
|DCC Type||DCC Ready|
|Period||Era 5 (1956 - 1968)|
|Operator/Livery||Late BR, Lined Green/BR Maroon/BR Blue & Grey|
|Limited Edition Size||1,000|
|Minimum Curve||2nd Radius + (438mm)|
|Motor||5 Pole Skew Wound. Loco Drive|