GWR, Hitachi IEP Bi-Mode Class 800/0, 'Paddington' Livery Five Car Train Pack - Era 11
c Available to Pre-order now Don't miss out! Pre-order today and be amongst the first to receive this item.Pre-order FAQ's
- What is a Pre-Order? It is possible to secure some items before they come into stock by pre-ordering on the website. This is especially useful when a product is anticipated to be popular, and could sell out in a short time once released.
- When will my Pre-Order arrive? The product listing gives an estimated arrival time for the product. We will contact you by email if this changes significantly. When stock arrives, pre-orders are despatched in the order that they were placed. You can keep track of your pre-orders by logging into My Orders.
- When will I be charged? Your card will only be charged once your pre-order has been despatched.
- Are my card details safe? Yes – we use an external, secure payment system, Braintree (part of PayPal) to store and handle your card details.
- Can I cancel my Pre-Order? Yes – you can cancel a pre-order before it has been despatched. Log into My Orders, or contact our Customer Care team with your pre-order number on 1.877.358.6405 or CustomerSupport@hornby.us
- Can I pay by PayPal for a Pre-Order? At present pre-orders can only be made using a credit or debit card.
- How many items can I Pre-Order? There is no limit to the number of pre-orders that you can place. However, for some products there may be a limit on the number of units that can be pre-ordered. This will be clearly marked on the product listing.
- Why is more than one delivery charge showing in my basket? Pre-order items will be despatched as soon as they come into stock. If you have different pre-order items in your basket, or a mixture of pre-order and in stock items these will each show a separate delivery charge if applicable.
- What happens if my registered card expires before my item comes into stock? If your card expires, we will send you an email asking you to log into your account and update your card details.
- What if I decide to pay with a different card after I place my Pre-Order? You can change the registered card for each pre-order by visiting My Orders.
- Will you definitely have the stock to fulfil my Pre-Order? Yes – unlike some websites, which take Pre-Orders without securing stock in advance, we guarantee that we have secured stock levels for our Pre-Orders. In the unlikely event that we cannot honour your Pre-Order (except when a product is completely withdrawn before release) we will give you a $10 gift voucher to spend on the Hornby website.
- Can I make a Pre-Order by post or telephone? At this time we can only take pre-orders via the website.
- Can I use a Club or discount code on Pre-Orders? Yes you can.
FREE delivery when you spend over $50
$4.00 for all orders under $50.00
We ship via USPS, UPS and FedEx depending on parcel contents
Set No.800 010 comprising PDTRBFO 815 010 ‘Paddington Bear’, MCO 814 010, MSO 813 010, MSO 82 010 and PDTSO 811 010 ‘Michael Bond’
A logical design progression from the hugely successful Class 395 Javelin, Hitachi's Intercity Express Programme Class 800/801/802 stock, is set to run the length and breadth of Great Britain; from Penzance to Inverness, Liverpool to Yorkshire's East Coast. Hitachi's pioneering bi-mode (dual electric/diesel) technology, designed to technical specifications laid down by the Department for Transport, gives the Class 800 the flexibility to run on a variety of lines, on gradients up to 1:37 and with differing lineside infrastructure, as well as being adaptable to future transport planning and passenger demands.
The Intercity Express Programme was developed to increase capacity into London termini during peak times, with original calculations predicting that the Hitachi trains would boost capacity by up to 40% going into Paddington during the morning rush hour period. The passenger service roll out will commence on the Great Western Main Line with thirty-six Class 800/0 five-car sets, initially on services to Bristol and South Wales and the fleet will then be expanded in 2018 with twenty-one Class 800/3 nine-car sets that are being converted by Hitachi Rail Italy from the original order of Class 801/2 sets. These will then be joined on the London to Devon and Cornwall services by thirty-six AT300 (Class 802) five-car sets, separately financed by GWR through Eversholt Rail and again manufactured by Hitachi Rail Italy at its Pistoia manufacturing facility.
Hitachi's rolling stock for the Intercity Express Programme under the GWR franchise is split between two classes; the Class 800 bi-mode, powered from either the 25kV Overhead Electric Supply or the internal MTU 12V 1600 R80L engines, or the AT300 (Class 802) bi-mode, powered from either the 25kV Overhead Electric Supply or from upgraded internal MTU 12V 1600 R80L engines that deliver 940hp per engine, as opposed to the 750hp of the Class 800. The classes are then split into sub-classes, depending on train length, but all types are referred to as Intercity Express Train (IET) under the current GWR franchise operator.
Cleared to enter revenue earning passenger service on October 11, 2017, the five-car Class 800/0 has a seating capacity of forty five in First Class, with 270 in Standard Class and is made up from a standard driving car, two standard motor carriages, a composite motor carriage and a First Class driving car. Running as both five-car and nine-car sets, trains can be extended up to a maximum of twelve cars, with a maximum total multiple length of 312 metres, although it is expected that five, nine and ten car sets will be the usual diagrams.
In a naming ceremony at Paddington Station on January 10, 2018, the daughter of author Michael Bond named the driving cars of Class 800/0 five-car set no. 800 010 after her father and his creation, Paddington Bear. Micheal Bond’s first Paddington Bear book was released on October 13, 1956 and has proved to be an iconic and loveable literary character over the subsequent sixty years, as well as sharing a name with the GWR’s London terminus. In addition to the names carried on the two power cars, the original illustrator of the Paddington book, Peggy Fortnum, has provided images of Paddington that adorn not just the power cars, but the doors of the coaches as well, making set 800 010 truly unique in the GWR IET fleet.
© Copyright HITACHI RAIL EUROPE LIMITED 2017
Manufactured by HORNBY HOBBIES LIMITED under licence from HITACHI RAIL EUROPE LIMITED
Hornby is the UK’s leading model railway brand. Its high quality 00 gauge models (1:76) are slightly bigger than H0 (1:87), but will run on the same gauge track.
Prop 65 Warning
Prop 65 Warning
Prop 65 Warning
WARNING: Cancer & Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
California Proposition 65
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
|Length||340mm (DPTF) - 1706mm (Overall)|
|DCC Type||DCC Ready|
|Period||Era 11 (2014 +)|
|Limited Edition Size||500|
|Minimum Curve||2nd Radius + (438mm)|
|Motor||5 Pole Skew Wound|
|Purpose||High Speed Passenger|
|Wheel Configuration||2-2 + Bo-Bo + Bo-Bo + Bo-Bo + 2-2|
- Directional lighting
- Illuminated Interior