RailRoad, BR, V 'Schools' Class, 4-4-0, 30935 'Sevenoaks' - Era 4
c Available to Pre-order now Don't miss out! Pre-order today and be amongst the first to receive this item.Pre-order FAQ's
- What is a Pre-Order? It is possible to secure some items before they come into stock by pre-ordering on the website. This is especially useful when a product is anticipated to be popular, and could sell out in a short time once released.
- When will my Pre-Order arrive? The product listing gives an estimated arrival time for the product. We will contact you by email if this changes significantly. When stock arrives, pre-orders are despatched in the order that they were placed. You can keep track of your pre-orders by logging into My Orders.
- When will I be charged? Your card will only be charged once your pre-order has been despatched.
- Are my card details safe? Yes – we use an external, secure payment system, Braintree (part of PayPal) to store and handle your card details.
- Can I cancel my Pre-Order? Yes – you can cancel a pre-order before it has been despatched. Log into My Orders, or contact our Customer Care team with your pre-order number on 1.877.358.6405 or CustomerSupport@hornby.us
- Can I pay by PayPal for a Pre-Order? At present pre-orders can only be made using a credit or debit card.
- How many items can I Pre-Order? There is no limit to the number of pre-orders that you can place. However, for some products there may be a limit on the number of units that can be pre-ordered. This will be clearly marked on the product listing.
- Why is more than one delivery charge showing in my basket? Pre-order items will be despatched as soon as they come into stock. If you have different pre-order items in your basket, or a mixture of pre-order and in stock items these will each show a separate delivery charge if applicable.
- What happens if my registered card expires before my item comes into stock? If your card expires, we will send you an email asking you to log into your account and update your card details.
- What if I decide to pay with a different card after I place my Pre-Order? You can change the registered card for each pre-order by visiting My Orders.
- Will you definitely have the stock to fulfil my Pre-Order? Yes – unlike some websites, which take Pre-Orders without securing stock in advance, we guarantee that we have secured stock levels for our Pre-Orders. In the unlikely event that we cannot honour your Pre-Order (except when a product is completely withdrawn before release) we will give you a $10 gift voucher to spend on the Hornby website.
- Can I make a Pre-Order by post or telephone? At this time we can only take pre-orders via the website.
- Can I use a Club or discount code on Pre-Orders? Yes you can.
FREE delivery when you spend over $50
$4.00 for all orders under $50.00
We ship via USPS, UPS and FedEx depending on parcel contents
The Schools Class 4-4-0 locomotives were designed by Richard Maunsell and were originally classified as Class V. A total of 40 of these powerful express passenger steam locomotives were produced at Eastleigh Works and numbered 900 - 939 for Southern Railways. Combining designs used in the Lord Nelson Class and weighing in at 110 tons, the design of this Class represented the last usage of this type of 4-4-0 wheel arrangement in Great Britain.
Introduced between 1930 and 1935, these engines were smaller than the previous Lord Nelson Class and were deemed to be the most powerful engines of their kind ever built in Britain, carrying a shortened King Arthur boiler and boasting three cylinders. In 1938, locomotive 926 'Repton' achieved the fastest speed ever recorded by a Schools Class locomotive of 95mph.
The Schools Class design was heavily influenced by restrictions on the intended Tonbridge to Hastings line. The short wheelbase was a result of the sharp curves and loading gauge of the tunnels on this line with track work on the Hastings line having had to be upgraded to accept the new locomotives. Well-liked by crew members, these locomotives were 59ft in length and could carry a coal capacity of 5 tons.
Individual locomotives were named after English Public Schools and the Schools Class became a common and recognised classification. Extension of the Class caused Southern Railway to include names of 'foreign' schools that were outside the catchment area such as 'Malvern' and 'Rugby'. Thereafter, for official naming ceremonies, Southern Railways sent the unnamed locos to a station near to the School after which they were to be named.
At production, the standard livery was Maunsell olive green. During its lifetime, the Class progressed through various liveries from that mentioned, to Bulleid malachite green, Bulleid black with yellow lettering, BR black, and finally BR green. In 1963 most of the locomotives in the Schools Class were withdrawn, of which three have been saved and are currently preserved in Heritage Railways in Britain, these include 926 'Repton', 925 'Cheltenham' and 928 'Stowe'.
Maximum curve Hornby 2nd radius + / 438mm+
Our Hornby RailRoad collection provides a perfect entry into the exciting world of 00 gauge railway modelling. Designed to be less easily damaged, yet maintaining attractive detailing and accurate liveries, the range is ideal for both the younger enthusiast and experienced modeller. View the full range
WARNING Not suitable for children under 36 months It contains small parts which can present a choking hazard, some components have functional sharp points and edges. Handle with care. Please refer to the safety notes in the main set instruction leaflet, colour and contents may vary from those illustrated.Please retain these details and the address for future reference.
Prop 65 Warning
Prop 65 Warning
Prop 65 Warning
WARNING: Cancer & Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
California Proposition 65
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
|DCC Type||DCC Ready|
- NEM Couplings on Tender