Hi sativa, welcome to the forums. I suggest there are 2 aspects to you issues:
- A brand new loco first working, then not, sounds like a reason for returning it under warranty. But read on first.
- Checking on your Railmaster (RM) setup would be a good idea first.
So looking at your RM setup, there is a lot of information beyond the manual available on the RM forum via the sticky posts at the top. But let me ask you a series of basic setup questions, all of which you will have to answer Yes to before you have a stable working setup. Let’s start:
- When you first powered up your eLink, did you change the driver installed from the Hornby proprietary one to the correct Microsoft one (assuming you are running Windows 7 or later to W10)?
- Having installed the correct driver, did you install RM as Administrator?
- After initial installation, did you upgrade to the latest version of RM either by saying yes to do it on startup, or by downloading the latest from the link at the top of the RM forum? If it is a while since you did this, download and upgrade from the link again to make sure.
- Have you successfully activated your RM installation by entering your licence key and clicking on Activate?
So so if you can let us know how you are going against those, we can give you further advice if you still have problems.