M Menu
b 0 Items s

SThe Hornby 2019 Range!

The latest and very first blog of 2019 is now up...

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/news/the-engine-shed/hornby-2019-range

Enjoy your read!

Have a look at my latest "detailing projects" and "CAD" work here... https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/post/view/topic_id/17645/?p=1

GNR-Gordon-4

4935 posts

Thanks for this link, JB. Smile

That was interesting read about some of this year's new releases. The real life black and white images were also very good.

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

A Thomas & Friends OO, HO and OO-9 Model Railway Gauge's Collector Since 2005, an Eddie Stobart Spotter and Collector Since 2010 and an Airfix QUICK BUILD Collector Since 2017

Slornie

231 posts

What I especially liked about this edition was the extensive lists of how many different variations and details have been designed into the new toolings.  Hopefully that will keep some of the more knowledgeable hobbyists satisfied that their particular favourites may turn up in a future year's range!

EDIT: It's similar in a way to the page in the new catalogue that shows a photograph of a dismantled Lord Kitchener which demostrates quite how much work goes into each and every model!

Well, okay thanks for letting me know. I Especcially Like the LNER Class 800, it's nice sleak livery, but £400?

WOAH. I mean thats alot of money, for a Hornby Train Pack.

AuntyMaggie'sRemedy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDSjTSjYZ_U

GNR-Gordon-4

4935 posts

AuntyMaggie'sRemedy, welcome to the Hornby Forum. Smile

Yes, the Class 800's are expensive, but they are worth every penny of their cost. It's such a well made train and very detailed. Hoenby spent a lot of money tooling it and they have done an excellent job tooling it.

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

A Thomas & Friends OO, HO and OO-9 Model Railway Gauge's Collector Since 2005, an Eddie Stobart Spotter and Collector Since 2010 and an Airfix QUICK BUILD Collector Since 2017

yelrow

4103 posts

Jacob, do you have one of these packs. If not, how do you know they are worth every penny, and are such well made, with excellent tooling.  I would also be interested in learning how much hornby spent on tooling. Perhaps you could share that with us.

Use Windows 7, only, On french version of windows. Run RM, with Elite. DCC layout, Large DC, and 3 Rail layouts. Also, TT, and N Gauge

GNR-Gordon-4

4935 posts

Look at the images of them, watch videos of them on YouTube. You can easily tell they are worth the money. I don't have one and won't be able to sadly, due to the fact a 5 car high speed train is too long in length (I think), for the straights on my layout. I don't have a massive layout anyway, which I would love, but that's not particular at the end of the day. I think high speed trains look better on massive layouts, which mine is not, so my layout does not suit high speed trains very well.

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

yelrow

4103 posts

Looking at an image, or a video, would certainly not tell me  a train sets worth.. Holding it, seeing it, at a shop, would.  .  You really cant tell someone they are worth every penny, off the top of your head..

Use Windows 7, only, On french version of windows. Run RM, with Elite. DCC layout, Large DC, and 3 Rail layouts. Also, TT, and N Gauge

RAF96

10193 posts

Community Moderator

To precis Jacob’s posts 

(...yes they are ...)

but he had already said that they were.

Halton Brat - Running Win 10, 64-bit - RM (Pro-Pack) with Elite as Controller-A, Select as Walkabout and E-Link as Controller-B - Locos are mostly TTS. http://www.halton96th.org.uk/page21.html

I just want tio say thanks for listenning Hornby Wink I was in the middle of organising a respray of my Merchant Navy Royal Mail to wartime black and now there is Aberdeen Commonwealth coming out which I have pre-ordered.  However cheeky ask -  smoke deflectors for my Sir Francis Drake and TTS decoder for it.  

oh and one other thing on this thread (I'm only allowed 2 posts a day at the moment Embarassed) what you can't get form videos or photographs really is how well the newer locomotives move Sir Francis Drake is so smooth and quiet even before I have DCC decoder to really control its speed.  Sometimes the engineering inside these locos is also worth paying for

software development engineer by day, model engineer by night

Please create an account or login to reply.

Forum Rules

• The Hornby Forum is intended for discussion of all things model railways. Primarily a place for newcomers to ask questions and seek assistance from like-minded individuals, the Hornby Forum offers a user community for all those interested in railways.
  • Discussion of non-Hornby brands is allowed, however, active promotion or advertising of these brands is not permitted.
  • Please keep in mind that the Hornby Forum is a publicly viewable space and you should never post personal information (including email addresses). 
  • While every effort is made to contact you before any censorship, we reserve the right to amend or remove any content without explanation.
  • All customer service enquiries should be directed to Hornby Customer Services.

Useful Links

Forum Guidelines

Membership Restricted Product