M Menu
b 0 Items s

SProblem uploading images

GNR-Gordon-4

4022 posts

It looks like you have messed about with editing, to make that bridge so wonky, Caiptean! Laughing

GNR-Gordon-4

A Thomas & Friends OO, HO and OO-9 Model Railway Gauge's Collector Since 2005, an Eddie Stobart Spotter and Collector Since 2010 and an Airfix QUICK BUILD Collector Since 2017; Living in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom.

Fishmanoz

9546 posts

To me because of the hill and the angle, the engineers were in 2 minds as to building the bridge across or along the tracks (with apologies to the Goons, Bridge on the River Why).

and thanks for all the fish

walkingthedog

17586 posts

There are quite a few quirky bridges like that. Just goes to prove that anything goes when you build a model railway. 

WTD ........... Nurse, the screens.

Postman Prat

6111 posts

Neither the 'skew' bridge nor the downhill bridge are at all unusual, individually. Even comb ine the two features  and it's less common but by no means rare.

The suggestion from Jacob that Caiptean photoshopped it is a non-starter                Laughing

PP.......... The light at the end of the tunnel is probably a train coming towards you

RAF96

9393 posts

Community Moderator

@GNR-Gordon-4

It looks like you have messed about with editing, to make that bridge so wonky, Caiptean! Laughing

You have obviously never driven home after a skinful of ale (obviously only in the old days before the breathalyser and traffic was very much lighter, the car wouldn't go over 40 MPH and the pub was not too far away down a back road). Everything used to look like that driving home then.

Rob

Halton Brat - Running Win 10, 64-bit - RM (Pro-Pack) with Elite as Controller-A, Select as Walkabout and E-Link as Controller-B - Locos are mostly TTS. - http://myweb.cytanet.com.cy/honnor/

Caiptean

2758 posts

The photograph is exactly as-taken from the secondman's position!  

The road bridge is Succombs Hill (Woldingham) and parts of it are at 1 in 4 as it drops down the valley side from Warlingham to Caterham.

The railway is descending down (along the side of the Caterham Valley) from Oxted tunnel toward Croydon; roughly at 1 in 100 at this point. The diesel unit (a 171 formation) was travelling around 70mph on this descent. Smile

@RAF96 - I couldn't possibly disagree with your sentiments. Wink

I enjoy life - it gives me something to do! - especially modelling BR's Southern Region 1955-61.

GNR-Gordon-4

4022 posts

@RAF96

Yes, I am sure everything would look like that, if drove with alcohol in your system, which I never do drink, if I am driving within the next 12 hours! Laughing

GNR-Gordon-4

A Thomas & Friends OO, HO and OO-9 Model Railway Gauge's Collector Since 2005, an Eddie Stobart Spotter and Collector Since 2010 and an Airfix QUICK BUILD Collector Since 2017; Living in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom.

Postman Prat

6111 posts

We've finally got a post from Jacob that I can agree with   -    PROGRESS

PP.......... The light at the end of the tunnel is probably a train coming towards you

GNR-Gordon-4

4022 posts

What's that suposed to mean, PP? I always post stuff that you can agree with, don't I?

GNR-Gordon-4

walkingthedog

17586 posts

Here’s one I made earlier. 

WTD ........... Nurse, the screens.

Please create an account or login to reply.

Forum Rules

• The Hornby Forum is intended for discussion of all things model railways. Primarily a place for newcomers to ask questions and seek assistance from like-minded individuals, the Hornby Forum offers a user community for all those interested in railways.
  • Discussion of non-Hornby brands is allowed, however, active promotion or advertising of these brands is not permitted.
  • Please keep in mind that the Hornby Forum is a publicly viewable space and you should never post personal information (including email addresses). 
  • While every effort is made to contact you before any censorship, we reserve the right to amend or remove any content without explanation.
  • All customer service enquiries should be directed to Hornby Customer Services.

Useful Links

Forum Guidelines

Membership Restricted Product