M Menu
b 0 Items s

SWhat's your latest acquisition?

bulleidboy

2924 posts

A very good purchase on both parts. I got them both recently, but

with hindsight, and having watched the Class 205 on YouTube, I should have gone for the version with sound.

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away

trainlover23

1067 posts

Really ??????????????????????????

walkingthedog

17582 posts

Mmmm trainlover, same thing crossed my mind.

WTD ........... Nurse, the screens.

bulleidboy

2924 posts

Holland-Afrika Line is in the shops - two months early. Mine's in the post. A friend had just collected his.

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away

Graskie

6835 posts

Just checked with my local model shop. I had one on order but they haven't turned up there yet. Thanks for the good news, though, BB.

The out of Controller

Graskie

6835 posts

My shop rang about an hour ago to say they had just arrived. I will have a Happy Easter now after all. Better than just hanging around.

The out of Controller

VSOExpress

68 posts

Brighton Evening Argus, slight disappointment with no lights as it is pulling coaches that do have them! No worries will have to take a look on how to fit cabin

and direction light.

rayarpino

316 posts

Hornby Sandringham, Butler Henderson, some old GF LNER stock new in box (not actually prototypical but they have something about them), bits and pièces to upgrade older models (such as smoke box handles) and C....d slow point motors with polarity switching

that are the easiest to fit, well thought out and the cheapest. They are also reliable according to people I know who installed them a while ago. The forthcoming Hush-Hush in its more detailed version is high on my list (impressive machine and LNER....)

81F

3275 posts

Just had to get the Scaledale City Dry Cleaners - it is so like a building I was trying to scratch build it will save me the difficulty (particularly as its on the far side of the layout with another house in front!

All I have to do is add a window,

a chimney, repaint the roof Change the shop type and possibly render the walls!

Modelling the GWR in the Welsh Borders, and the Glyn Valley Tramway with quite a few bits from elsewhere!

bulleidboy

2924 posts

Holland Afrika Line arrived this morning. No more purchases until end of May.

Please create an account or login to reply.

Forum Rules

• The Hornby Forum is intended for discussion of all things model railways. Primarily a place for newcomers to ask questions and seek assistance from like-minded individuals, the Hornby Forum offers a user community for all those interested in railways.
  • Discussion of non-Hornby brands is allowed, however, active promotion or advertising of these brands is not permitted.
  • Please keep in mind that the Hornby Forum is a publicly viewable space and you should never post personal information (including email addresses). 
  • While every effort is made to contact you before any censorship, we reserve the right to amend or remove any content without explanation.
  • All customer service enquiries should be directed to Hornby Customer Services.

Useful Links

Forum Guidelines

Membership Restricted Product