Hornby, 2017 Rare Models.

new lad on block

Hi All, To the collectors out there.This year there as been quite a few hard to get releases from Hornby. Earlier, we know how the Pecketts became desirable, Just of late it was the new release of Br. Sir william Stanier.below is the list of the ones you may have missed.

Threee limited editions from NRM. R3594. BRc. Princess Coronation, Duchess of Hamilton.Maroon livery. 46229.

New tooled version.

R3595. SR. Q1. Black livery. C1.

R 3596. LMS Black 5. Black Gloss. 5000.

All, Limited to  a run of only 250 models each.R3594. is sold out.Not surprising as is rarer than it's sister  'Sir W. Stanier'.

Three limited Editions from Large Merseyside dealer.

R3597.LMS. Duchess of Hamilton.Black livery. BR. number  46229.

R3598. BR. Q1.Black livery. 33001.

R3599TTS. BR. Black 5. Black livery. 45000.

All Limited to a run of only 250 models each.R3598. is sold out.

Warely show Limited Edition. 

R3578. BRc. 14 xx. Green Livery. 1450. All sold out.

The railroad issue R3589 GWR. 14xx. 4837.Is very hard to find.Possibly withdrawn because of wheel problems.

Will post photos on Monday, when they can be moderated. If you know of any I have missed please advise.

When all known stock of Sir William A Stanier FRS was sold out everywhere Hattons managed to get hold of 51 more and I bought one. That was around 3 weeks ago and was only briefly advertised on their site.  The H class SE&CR livery was sold out straight away and if the Bachmann full livery SE&CR C class sold out so quick that they are now commanding prices of £320+Hornby should have cottoned on to the fact that this was a good seller and their SE&CR H class would also attract great interest. The crimson birdcages are sold out at Bachmann so it won't be long before retailers sell out. All a case of preodering screws up sales with no slack in the system for those who cannot commit to preorders and are left with super inflated prices from speculators if they want something and shows that the financial state of some companies are in serious jeopardy. The answer to financial survival seems to be to inflate pices and reduce production. This can only lead to ruin in the end.

Photos of 3 Hornby limited editions from National Railway Museum.If wanting more photos of loco. please ask.

TOP. R3594. MIDDLE R3595, BOTTOM R3596. All 250 limited production./media/tinymce_upload/8776b563b2be51c430c7fe9fab173995.JPG/media/tinymce_upload/bb7646bb7c3de87e2bf50172c31ee597.JPG/media/tinymce_upload/93dcc916d26e890e2dbf1d9186bbd62d.JPG/media/tinymce_upload/ab30c27c670bc6cc4640dad71336a2dc.JPG

Photos, Hornby Limited Editions,from Merseyside retailer.

TOP. R3596, MIDDLE. R3598, BOTTOM R3599TTS./media/tinymce_upload/76eb6bd757503f95c3535114aed2d6d1.JPG/media/tinymce_upload/5bdeca714efe74fd36b93435de670022.JPG/media/tinymce_upload/2476118b0a4b120016c94a5d14abd229.JPG/media/tinymce_upload/b5ad238f654c51988f3ec09dbe462150.JPG

Photos of Hornby Ltd. Ed. and locos class ed as rare hard to find.

TOP. R3538, MIDDLE R3589,& LTD. ED. R3578. BOTTOM. R3555./media/tinymce_upload/43397d00eb3bfc80241d8e8168c278ce.JPG/media/tinymce_upload/e83bd5c88d998e60ec20505495480d02.JPG/media/tinymce_upload/811dd0f5e5b511c823d7831dbfc23567.JPG/media/tinymce_upload/713ec2510225aae5e02e009523ae7881.JPG/media/tinymce_upload/97ee46ee950287681e7dd6de5855f786.JPG

If Hornby informed members of the collectors club what new models are available in limited runs would not have to blogg what I have found what are available.There is no sign of any offert to sell them.Photos are to inform interested parties what have been produced.I hope you are not hoping to sell them on here, that is contravening the rules!  😛

I'm getting rather bored of Hornby producing locomotives, that can't be ran. I'm not digging at Hornby or anything, but a loco's main use to me, is the running of it and if I can't do that upon purchasing it new, from the box, then what is the loco for? It's getting to the point that I don't know what recent released loco's I should I buy, worried there's a wheel fault or similar, wrong with that loco.

GNR-Gordon-4

Jacob......"I'm getting rather bored of Hornby producing locomotives, that can't be ran."..........Really??........that's a bit dramatic........how many locos do Hornby sell every month and how many don't run?.........you have no idea nor do I.........so maybe you should be a tad more pragmatic....... 😀.......HB

HB, with the greatest respect for you, I do respect your comment, but I do own the latest release of Henry, from the Thomas & Friends range (R9292). All of the Henry's I've looked at have the same loose tyres on the tender wheels. When I run Henry, I run him without the tender, as I daren't risk doing anymore damage to the wheels. I can only run him without the tender, as the latest release Henry is loco driven, as he use the tooling of the RailRoad Black 5. However, running him without the tender, A, looks daft and B, looks silly and is unrelasitic. Also, it means he can't pull any rolling stock and can only shunt. This is why I am worried about buying new locomotives from Hornby as it takes only one bad experience, to put you off, or to make you worry about buying anymore, recent release product.

More or less, all those new Henry's from 2015/2016, I am sorry to say, are useless. The changes on it compared tot he 2002 - 2011 model are much better, the manufacturing of the new version Henry is questionable and clearly no care is put into it.

I will try and post picture of the wheels on my tender, soon, so you can see what I'm on about.

GNR-Gordon-4

2eOd,my first post at the beginning of this topic listed the current new models which may not have come to other forum memebers attention.This is due to the fact that Hornby donot advise customers that certain locos are available, even thougth Hornby produced them.

I said I would upload photos on Monday, when they could be moderated.

Rare is a interesting view 250 models mark limited which 60 to 70% will sit in there box forever. Or a 1000 run of a normal  model 99% will be used some dropped renumbered etc. The 10 left in there boxes  are now rarer then the limited model. Better still a model were the tooling is lost. Like I  don't know, say a Clan in perfect condition in its box on my shelf.

In the end buy the model you want because you like it. And run it or display it. only time will tell if it is rare in the end.

I would say that there must be more than 250 Hornby collectors worldwide.Therefore I would suggest that such a small run of 250, there would not be enougth models to satisfy demand.I have models in my collection with runs of 72, and as low as 7.Both hornby locos. I wouldn't say they were rare, just sold out. None of my locos are available any more but they're not rare. 

Jacob with regard to non running Hornby locos, all of mine were/are OK straight from the box so well done Hornby from me.

I doubt if Hornby ever produced models in such small quantities of 7 . These could only be code 3 models

You can't delete the pink quote box, as when you post your comment, the quote box re-appears. The best thing to do is to type '@' and write person's name you are heading your comment towards to, following the @. Like this, for example: @GNR-Gordon-4, @walkingthedog or @new lad on block. This is what I do.

I only use the qoute box, if I am replying to comething that is on a different page.

GNR-Gordon-4