M Menu
b 0 Items s

SForum Speed

RogerB

2513 posts

Community Moderator

Many folk will have noticed a severe reduction is screen refresh speed yesterday caused by large traffic volumes around the new 2019 product launch. It looks as though things have returned to normal this morning.

The Mods. are starting to tidy the forum up by removing duplicated posts. Please let us know of any you spot (as we may have missed them) by posting in the realtive thread which will bump up the topic. Hopefully one of us will spot it and deal with it accordingly.

Thank you for your patience yesterday.

R-

OO Gauge : RM Pro : Elite (v1.42) : Dell Laptop W10 : 9 Locomotives

GNR-Gordon-4

5291 posts

I found all of the Hornby Hobbies forum's and website's super-slow yesterday (07/01/2019). This is clearly to do a lot of traffic wanting to view the new announcements. I am still finding the website's and forum's slowly than usual, but they are faster than yesterday.

Yesterday was a just a joke trying to get on any of them. It was almost imppossible. The page's took a long time to load and then stopped loading and timed-out ,displaying a '502 Gateway' message.

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

A Thomas & Friends OO, HO and OO-9 Model Railway Gauge's Collector Since 2005, an Eddie Stobart Spotter and Collector Since 2010 and an Airfix QUICK BUILD Collector Since 2017

RogerB

2513 posts

Community Moderator

Thank you Jacob. I think we are past the stage now of repeating previous descriptions of the drop in speed. I am trying to focus on finding duplicates and tidying the forurm up. R-

GNR-Gordon-4

5291 posts

You are welcome. Smile

If I find any duplicate posts, I will let you know here.

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

A Thomas & Friends OO, HO and OO-9 Model Railway Gauge's Collector Since 2005, an Eddie Stobart Spotter and Collector Since 2010 and an Airfix QUICK BUILD Collector Since 2017

RogerB

2513 posts

Community Moderator

It would be better Jacob if you post in the thread in which the duplicate appears. That way it "comes to the top" and saves me, or another Moderator, looking for it. R-

GNR-Gordon-4

5291 posts

OK, will do that instead, if I find any.

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

Ericm0hff

6272 posts

Still painfully slow tonight - about three minutes to 'open' the forum, and another two from clicking the 'log in' button, to anything happening.

Even slower, earlier. I gave up at about 3pm, as I got sick of staring at a blank white screen, with a tiny note in the bottom left that read - waiting for hornby.com

-

and 92 seconds from clicking 'send' to it actually 'going'.

if it works first time, you did something wrong!

GNR-Gordon-4

5291 posts

I agree, the forum and website is still slow. Is there still a lot people coming to view the releases pages, the day after?! Undecided

Well at least I haven't come across the time-out page, whcih was all the website loaded yesterday, almost all day.

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

Jimyjames

810 posts

@ RogerB "Thank you for your patience yesterday." - patience??? I'm not a Doctor!!! LaughingWink He He

Jimyjames - You can only please some of the people some of the time, But not all of the people all of the time, & that is why I have a mixture of vids on my YouTube Channel.

Please create an account or login to reply.

Forum Rules

• The Hornby Forum is intended for discussion of all things model railways. Primarily a place for newcomers to ask questions and seek assistance from like-minded individuals, the Hornby Forum offers a user community for all those interested in railways.
  • Discussion of non-Hornby brands is allowed, however, active promotion or advertising of these brands is not permitted.
  • Please keep in mind that the Hornby Forum is a publicly viewable space and you should never post personal information (including email addresses). 
  • While every effort is made to contact you before any censorship, we reserve the right to amend or remove any content without explanation.
  • All customer service enquiries should be directed to Hornby Customer Services.

Useful Links

Forum Guidelines

Membership Restricted Product