c Available to Pre-order now Don't miss out! Pre-order today and be amongst the first to receive this item.Pre-order FAQ's
- What is a Pre-Order? It is possible to secure some items before they come into stock by pre-ordering on the website. This is especially useful when a product is anticipated to be popular, and could sell out in a short time once released.
- When will my Pre-Order arrive? The product listing gives an estimated arrival time for the product. We will contact you by email if this changes significantly. When stock arrives, pre-orders are despatched in the order that they were placed. You can keep track of your pre-orders by logging into My Orders.
- When will I be charged? Your card will only be charged once your pre-order has been despatched.
- Are my card details safe? Yes – we use an external, secure payment system, Braintree (part of PayPal) to store and handle your card details.
- Can I cancel my Pre-Order? Yes – you can cancel a pre-order before it has been despatched. Log into My Orders, or contact our Customer Care team with your pre-order number on 1.877.358.6405 or CustomerSupport@hornby.us
- Can I pay by PayPal for a Pre-Order? At present pre-orders can only be made using a credit or debit card.
- How many items can I Pre-Order? There is no limit to the number of pre-orders that you can place. However, for some products there may be a limit on the number of units that can be pre-ordered. This will be clearly marked on the product listing.
- Why is more than one delivery charge showing in my basket? Pre-order items will be despatched as soon as they come into stock. If you have different pre-order items in your basket, or a mixture of pre-order and in stock items these will each show a separate delivery charge if applicable.
- What happens if my registered card expires before my item comes into stock? If your card expires, we will send you an email asking you to log into your account and update your card details.
- What if I decide to pay with a different card after I place my Pre-Order? You can change the registered card for each pre-order by visiting My Orders.
- Will you definitely have the stock to fulfil my Pre-Order? Yes – unlike some websites, which take Pre-Orders without securing stock in advance, we guarantee that we have secured stock levels for our Pre-Orders. In the unlikely event that we cannot honour your Pre-Order (except when a product is completely withdrawn before release) we will give you a $10 gift voucher to spend on the Hornby website.
- Can I make a Pre-Order by post or telephone? At this time we can only take pre-orders via the website.
- Can I use a Club or discount code on Pre-Orders? Yes you can.
FREE delivery when you spend over $50
$4.00 for all orders under $50.00
We ship via USPS, UPS and FedEx depending on parcel contents
A total of thirty Class 67 locomotives were built between 1999 and 2000 by Alstom, in Spain, for English, Welsh & Scottish Railway (EWS). These Bo-Bo configured diesel electric locomotives have a large fuel capacity, electro-pneumatic brakes and a top speed of 125mph (200km/h). The bodyshell is a monocoque load bearing Alstom design, whilst the bogies, also designed by Alstom, are of an "H" frame design.
The engine, traction motors and control electronics are the same as those used in the Class 66, but differ in that the traction motors are frame mounted, rather than axle hung, to reduce unsprung mass. The gear ratios have also been increased, allowing higher speeds and the cab is designed around a central driving position. The Class 67 locomotives are able to supply electric head-end power for passenger train heating and air-conditioning and are equipped for buffer and screw coupling, as well as also coupling via a buckeye coupler, attached on a swing arm mount.
The first locomotive to be delivered was 67003, arriving in October 1999, but plans for a rapid acceptance into service were delayed by loading gauge issues. The high axle load of the locomotive caused an initial speed restriction to 110 mph and modifications to the bogies were required, all thirty units being modified by June 2003.
Hornby is the UK’s leading model railway brand. Its high quality 00 gauge models (1:76) are slightly bigger than H0 (1:87), but will run on the same gauge track.
Detailed scale model. Not suitable for children under 14 years.Please refer to the safety notes in the enclosed instruction leaflet. Colours and contents may differ from those illustrated. Please retain these details and the address for future reference.
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
|DCC Type||DCC Ready|
|Operator/Livery||DB Schenker, DBS Cherry Red|
|Motor||5 Pole Skew Wound|
- NEM Couplings