BR, Standard 4MT Class, 4-6-0, 75053, Early BR - Era 4
FREE delivery when you spend over $50
$4.00 for all orders under $50.00
We ship via USPS, UPS and FedEx depending on parcel contents
When the London Midland Scottish Railway came up with its initial standard designs in 1947, it was considered that there was no call for a mixed traffic Class 4, 4-6-0 locomotive. The duties for which the 4-6-0 design were suited to were amply covered by existing traction types and it wasn’t until Nationalisation, in 1948, that the Western Region of British Rail felt that this type of locomotive was required for use on its secondary route services.
The restricted axle loading for the coastal routes to Aberystwyth and Pwllheli precluded the use of the heavier Standard Class 5, whilst an update on the GWR Manor design was not feasible because of gauging issues on the other British Rail regions, who were also looking to replace their ageing locomotive stock. Robert Riddles, British Rail’s Head of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, set about designing a new locomotive, principally from BR’s Brighton Works, as a solution to this problem.
Hornby is the UK’s leading model railway brand. Its high quality 00 gauge models (1:76) are slightly bigger than H0 (1:87), but will run on the same gauge track.
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
|DCC Type||DCC Ready|
|Operator/Livery||Early BR, BR Lined Black|
|Motor||5 Pole Skew Wound. Loco Drive|
- NEM Couplings
Product Questions & Answers Sign in or register to ask a question
Do you have a question about this product that other customers may be able to answer? Simply log in to the website and ask - other customers can then offer their help and answers.
Questions submitted should be aimed at other collectors, especially those that have previously purchased the model. The Q&A feature is not designed for contacting Customer Care or addressing Hornby Hobbies directly. If you do have a question for us, please do still contact us but use the Contact Us page instead.
Submissions that violate these rules (and the Guidelines) will be declined.
Please read the questions & answers guidelines before asking or answering a question.
- Once submitted, questions and answers should appear on the website within 72 hours, however, we will endeavour to approve both questions and answers as soon as possible.
- Please keep questions relevant and related to the product you’re asking it on. General questions can be asked on our Forum or sent straight to Customer Services
- Remember to keep questions and answers short and concise. Longer questions and answers are less likely to be read.
- Be sure to vote on answers you find either helpful or unhelpful. These votes are vital to getting the most helpful answers to other collectors.
- Please refrain from asking questions involving other manufacturers. For example, asking if something is better or worse than a competitor’s product is not permitted.
- Do not include personal information (email addresses or telephone numbers) in any question or answer.
- Any questions or answers that contain profanities, distasteful language or promotional material will not be approved. This also applies to Nicknames.