GWR Mk3 Coach Trailer Guard Standard (TGS)
FREE UK Delivery when you spend over £30.
Please allow up to 3 working days for UK delivery following the day you placed your order.
* Club membership packages do not count towards free delivery thresholds
Europe - 3-5 days
Rest of World - 5-10 days
We also offer FREE delivery to selected international destinations
Developed in response to growing levels of passenger comfort on airlines and the increase in car usage during the 1960s, the first Mk3 coaches were built for the prototype High Speed Train in 1972 and in 2016 have come to be widely recognised as a safe and reliable design of passenger rolling stock.
The original Trailer First (TF), Trailer Second (TS) and Trailer Buffet Second (TRSB) coaches were delivered in HST sets for the Western Region from 1976, with Trailer Guard Second (TGS) coaches following in 1980. Following complaints from Guards, regarding engine noise in the Power Car Guards' compartments, these replaced the last TS, in all sets, from 1980 onwards. TRUB cars (Trailer Restaurant Unclassified Buffet) were built from 1978 onwards and were reclassified as TRFB (Trailer Restaurant First Buffet) from 1989/90 on the Western Region.
Hornby is a household name and is famous as the UK's brand leader in the model railway hobby with its high quality 00 gauge (1:76) models and accessories.
Detailed scale model. Not suitable for children under 14 years. Colours and contents may differ from those illustrated. Please retain these details and the address for future reference.
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
Product Questions & Answers Sign in or register to ask a question
Do you have a question about this product that other customers may be able to answer? Simply log in to the website and ask - other customers can then offer their help and answers.
Questions submitted should be aimed at other collectors, especially those that have previously purchased the model. The Q&A feature is not designed for contacting Customer Care or addressing Hornby Hobbies directly. If you do have a question for us, please do still contact us but use the Contact Us page instead.
Submissions that violate these rules (and the Guidelines) will be declined.
Please read the questions & answers guidelines before asking or answering a question.
- Once submitted, questions and answers should appear on the website within 72 hours, however, we will endeavour to approve both questions and answers as soon as possible.
- Please keep questions relevant and related to the product you’re asking it on. General questions can be asked on our Forum or sent straight to Customer Services
- Remember to keep questions and answers short and concise. Longer questions and answers are less likely to be read.
- Be sure to vote on answers you find either helpful or unhelpful. These votes are vital to getting the most helpful answers to other collectors.
- Please refrain from asking questions involving other manufacturers. For example, asking if something is better or worse than a competitor’s product is not permitted.
- Do not include personal information (email addresses or telephone numbers) in any question or answer.
- Any questions or answers that contain profanities, distasteful language or promotional material will not be approved. This also applies to Nicknames.