The 15 Guinea Special Train Pack, Era 5
c Available to Pre-order now Don't miss out! Pre-order today and be amongst the first to receive this item.Pre-order FAQ's
- What is a pre-order? It is possible to secure some items before they come into stock by pre-ordering on the website. This is especially useful when a product is anticipated to be popular, and could sell out in a short time once released.
- When will my pre-order arrive? The product listing gives an estimated arrival time for the product, please note that this date can change due to changes in manufacturing and shipping schedules. These dates are updated monthly, keep track of your pre-orders by logging into My Orders for the latest estimated arrival date. When stock arrives, pre-orders are despatched in the order that they were placed.
What happens if the price of my item changes while on pre-order? If the price of your pre-order item changes after you have placed your order, we will only ever charge you the lowest price between time of ordering and when the item comes into stock and is despatched to you. For example, if you pre-order an item and the price is subsequently increased, you will still be charged the original price. However, if you pre-order an item and the price is subsequently decreased, you will be charged the lower price.
- When will I be charged? Your card will only be charged when the items are in-stock and ready to be despatched.
- Are my card details safe? Yes – we use an external, secure payment system, Braintree (part of PayPal) to store and handle your card details.
- Can I cancel my pre-order? Yes – you can cancel a pre-order before it has been despatched. Log into My Orders, or contact our Customer Care team with your pre-order number on 01843 233525 or email@example.com
- Can I pay by PayPal for a pre-order? Yes you can.
- How many items can I pre-order? There is no limit to the number of pre-orders that you can place. However, for some products there may be a limit on the number of units that can be pre-ordered. This will be clearly marked on the product listing.
- How do delivery charges apply to pre-orders? Pre-order items will be despatched as soon as they come into stock and will therefore incur delivery charges where applicable. If you have different pre-order items in your basket, or a mixture of pre-order and in stock items these will each show a separate delivery charge.
- What happens if my registered card expires before my item comes into stock? If your card expires, we will send you an email asking you to log into your account and update your card details.
- What if I decide to pay with a different card after I place my pre-order? You can change the registered card for each pre-order by visiting My Orders.
- Will you definitely have the stock to fulfil my pre-order? Yes – unlike some websites, which take pre-orders without securing stock in advance, we guarantee that we have secured stock levels for our pre-orders. In the unlikely event that we cannot honour your pre-order (except when a product is completely withdrawn before release) we will give you a £10 gift voucher to spend on the website.
- Can I make a pre-order by post or telephone? Yes you can, but payment must be with a credit/debit card. Please call our Customer Care team on 01843 233525 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Can I use a Club or discount code on pre-orders? Yes you can.
FREE UK Delivery when you spend over £30.
Please allow up to 3 working days for UK delivery following the day you placed your order.
* Club membership packages do not count towards free delivery thresholds
Europe - 3-5 days
Rest of World - 5-10 days
We also offer FREE delivery to selected international destinations
The ’15 Guinea Special’ was the last mainline passenger train to be hauled by steam traction under British Rail on August 11, 1968 and the preparations for 1T57 were considerable. For the tour, five operational steam locomotives had to be retained on the books until after it was completed and their footplate crews rostered to work with steam for one last time. Behind the scenes, special commemorative tickets and brochures were printed and special 'British Rail runs out of Steam' posters distributed to stations.
1T57 covered 314 miles during its 10¾ hour journey and special stops for the benefit of photographers were made during the first stage at Rainhill, where the original locomotive trials were held by the Liverpool and Manchester Railway in 1829 and at Parkside, where the Rt. Hon. William Huskisson MP was killed in an accident following the opening ceremony of the Liverpool and Manchester Railway on September 15, 1830.
Class 5MT 45110 had started the tour, taking the ten car train from Liverpool Lime Street to Manchester Victoria, where 70013 'Oliver Cromwell' was waiting to take 1T57 for the remainder of the journey. Crowds turned out in their hundreds to bid their farewells and local roads were littered with parked vehicles, particularly in the regular 'spotting' locations. Arrival at Carlisle was thirty minutes late, but the locomotive changeover time was reduced, with Class 5MT's 44781 and 44871 replacing, 70013 'Oliver Cromwell' as the tour retraced its route back to Liverpool Lime Street. At Manchester Victoria, Class 5MT 45110 once more took over the train, completing the trip back to Lime Street, where it became the last locomotive in British Rail service to return to its own shed.
- BR, Standard 7 'Britannia' Class, 4-6-2, 70013 ‘Oliver Cromwell’ - Era 5
- BR, Mk1 Brake Second Open, E9223 - Era 5
- BR, Mk1 Tourist Second Open, M4995 - Era 5
- BR, Mk1 Tourist Second Open, M4933 - Era 5
Hornby is a household name and is famous as the UK's brand leader in the model railway hobby with its high quality 00 gauge (1:76) models and accessories.
Detailed scale model. Not suitable for children under 14 years.Please refer to the safety notes in the enclosed instruction leaflet. Colours and contents may differ from those illustrated. Please retain these details and the address for future reference.
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
|DCC Type||DCC Ready|
|Period||Era 5 (1956 - 1968)|
|Operator/Livery||Late BR, Lined Green/BR Maroon/BR Blue & Grey|
|Limited Edition Size||1,000|
|Minimum Curve||2nd Radius + (438mm)|
|Motor||5 Pole Skew Wound. Loco Drive|