Peppercorn 2-6-0 K1 Class Freight Train Pack
FREE UK Delivery when you spend over £30.
Please allow up to 3 working days for UK delivery following the day you placed your order.
* Club membership packages do not count towards free delivery thresholds
Europe - 3-5 days
Rest of World - 5-10 days
We also offer FREE delivery to selected international destinations
- Peppercorn 2-6-0 K1 Class No. 62006, with transitional British Railways livery
- LNER 3-plank Wagon No. 722418 'NE'
- 7-plank Wagon No. 1292 'Park Gate'
- 6-plank Wagon No.3018 'Arthur Wharton Ltd'
This pack is representative of a mineral freight train operating in the North of England during the late 1940s. Locomotive 62006 entered traffic, allocated to Darlington Shed, on June 15, 1949, from where the engine spent nearly five years operating. Moving to Blaydon Shed on January 31, 1954, 62006 spent its working life in the North-East, spending time allocated to Gateshead from May 6, 1952, Heaton from September 23rd that year and Alnmouth from November 4th. A final spell at Sunderland Shed from June 19, 1966 preceded 62006’s withdrawal from service on September 4th that year, being sold for scrap to Hughes, Bolckow, Blyth during December 1966.
During the period 1898 - 1948, privately owned rolling stock amounted to around 500,000 wagons; about half the total of all the wagons registered during that period. At the start of the Second World War, all Private Owner wagons were taken over by the Government and pooled, so they could be used anywhere on the rail network. Post-war, open wagons were not generally repainted, so their liveries deteriorated gradually. Even when painted over at Nationalisation in British Railways grey, weathering quickly resulted in the top coat fading back so that the original livery could still be seen through the peeling paint.
Hornby is a household name and is famous as the UK's brand leader in the model railway hobby with its high quality 00 gauge (1:76) models and accessories.
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
|DCC Type||DCC Ready|
Product Questions & Answers Sign in or register to ask a question
Do you have a question about this product that other customers may be able to answer? Simply log in to the website and ask - other customers can then offer their help and answers.
Questions submitted should be aimed at other collectors, especially those that have previously purchased the model. The Q&A feature is not designed for contacting Customer Care or addressing Hornby Hobbies directly. If you do have a question for us, please do still contact us but use the Contact Us page instead.
Submissions that violate these rules (and the Guidelines) will be declined.
Please read the questions & answers guidelines before asking or answering a question.
- Once submitted, questions and answers should appear on the website within 72 hours, however, we will endeavour to approve both questions and answers as soon as possible.
- Please keep questions relevant and related to the product you’re asking it on. General questions can be asked on our Forum or sent straight to Customer Services
- Remember to keep questions and answers short and concise. Longer questions and answers are less likely to be read.
- Be sure to vote on answers you find either helpful or unhelpful. These votes are vital to getting the most helpful answers to other collectors.
- Please refrain from asking questions involving other manufacturers. For example, asking if something is better or worse than a competitor’s product is not permitted.
- Do not include personal information (email addresses or telephone numbers) in any question or answer.
- Any questions or answers that contain profanities, distasteful language or promotional material will not be approved. This also applies to Nicknames.