LNER Queen of Scots Train Pack - Limited Edition
FREE UK Delivery when you spend over £30.
Please allow up to 3 working days for UK delivery following the day you placed your order.
* Club membership packages do not count towards free delivery thresholds
Europe - 3-5 days
Rest of World - 5-10 days
We also offer FREE delivery to selected international destinations
The ‘Queen of Scots’ service commenced in 1928, but its development can be traced back to Grouping, in 1923, when the fledgling LNER acquired a number of Great Eastern Pullmans. Instead of allocating them on a piecemeal basis, as the GER had done, the LNER’s management decided to open up a new luxury service to Newcastle, via Leeds and Harrogate.
The Harrogate Pullman was a success and the route was extended to Edinburgh, running non-stop from Kings Cross to Harrogate from the autumn of 1925. From May 1, 1928, when two new 8 car, all-steel Pullman K type sets were introduced for a route extension to Glasgow and the ‘Queen of Scots’ service commenced
Hauled initially by the Ivatt Atlantics, by 1935 the 400 ton, ten car train necessitated the use of A1, A3 and A4 locomotives and even Gresley’s W1 design was allocated at times. At Leeds, two cars were detached from the service, leaving eight to continue on the journey.
This train pack recreates the service in the second half of the 1930s, with Gresley ‘A4’ 4-6-2 4500 Garganey in LNER garter blue, which will be accompanied by all-steel K-Type Brake Third 'No. 77', Kitchen First 'Thelma' and Parlour First 'Sheila'. Roofboards will be fitted to each carriage and a headboard for the ‘A4’ will be included as a separate fitting to complete the model.
- - 'A4’ 4-6-2 4500 Garganey in LNER garter blue
- - All-steel K-Type Brake Third 'No. 77'
- - All-steel K-Type Kitchen First 'Thelma'
- - All-steel K-Type Parlour First 'Sheila'
Hornby is a household name and is famous as the UK's brand leader in the model railway hobby with its high quality 00 gauge (1:76) models and accessories.
Detailed scale model. Not suitable for children under 14 years.Please refer to the safety notes in the enclosed instruction leaflet. Colours and contents may differ from those illustrated. Please retain these details and the address for future reference.
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
|DCC Type||DCC Ready|
|Operator/Livery||LNER Garter Blue/Early Pullman Crest Umber and Cream|
|Limited Edition Size||1,000|
|Designer||Sir Nigel Gresley|
- NEM Couplings
Product Questions & Answers Sign in or register to ask a question
Do you have a question about this product that other customers may be able to answer? Simply log in to the website and ask - other customers can then offer their help and answers.
Questions submitted should be aimed at other collectors, especially those that have previously purchased the model. The Q&A feature is not designed for contacting Customer Care or addressing Hornby Hobbies directly. If you do have a question for us, please do still contact us but use the Contact Us page instead.
Submissions that violate these rules (and the Guidelines) will be declined.
Please read the questions & answers guidelines before asking or answering a question.
- Once submitted, questions and answers should appear on the website within 72 hours, however, we will endeavour to approve both questions and answers as soon as possible.
- Please keep questions relevant and related to the product you’re asking it on. General questions can be asked on our Forum or sent straight to Customer Services
- Remember to keep questions and answers short and concise. Longer questions and answers are less likely to be read.
- Be sure to vote on answers you find either helpful or unhelpful. These votes are vital to getting the most helpful answers to other collectors.
- Please refrain from asking questions involving other manufacturers. For example, asking if something is better or worse than a competitor’s product is not permitted.
- Do not include personal information (email addresses or telephone numbers) in any question or answer.
- Any questions or answers that contain profanities, distasteful language or promotional material will not be approved. This also applies to Nicknames.
Ask A Question
Answer This Question
queen of scots
I got my train pack from Railsof sheffield,very pleased with it,Hornby are really getting their act together after a sticky start with new suppliers,my a4 has been fitted with dcc and is a superb runner,all tender wheels pick up currant, in the past i have had to adjust the pick ups to get it right,its number is correct 5674,the only tender it ran with all its working life,a small point maybe but if hornby are going to number it, its best to make it the correct one,so very well done hornby,the coachs are superb,the new leds are better than early pullmans,coach boards are seperate,no bother to me ,but others may have liked them fitted,i wish they could be bought as a pack to fit to my other 5 Ktypes to make the full train,any chance hornby! Overall a lovely train pack,well worth 5stars,thanks... Read more
Sorry, you can not vote for this review. Please log in
Good Set but no coachboards
The set is good and includes an A4 and 3 K Type Pullman. The only downside is that the coaches dont include any "Queen of Scots" coachboards as advertised in the pictures on both the website and box.
Sorry, you can not vote for this review. Please log in