LMS Suburban Passenger Train Pack - Limited Edition
FREE UK Delivery when you spend over £30.
Please allow up to 3 working days for UK delivery following the day you placed your order.
* Club membership packages do not count towards free delivery thresholds
Europe - 3-5 days
Rest of World - 5-10 days
We also offer FREE delivery to selected international destinations
Away from the perceived glamour of the mainline, the real work of the railways took place on a myriad of suburban lines across the country, especially in the great conurbations of the Midlands.
The main requirement for a locomotive working suburban services was to have quick acceleration, efficient braking and good tractive ability, the latter being especially useful when pulling heavy carriages, full of commuters.
Fowler’s 4P 2-6-4T engine was ideally suited to this task, mainly being used on longer distance commuter trains from stations in the big cities of England, as well as being used to bank heavy passenger and goods trains on the West Coast Main Line. Typically hauling sets of Stanier’s 57’ non-corridor suburban stock, thousands of commuters spent their working week travelling back and forth from the cities behind these engines.
This train pack recreates a typical suburban working, with Fowler 4P No. 2238 in LMS lined black and two Stanier 57’ non-corridor Brake Third coaches 20768 and 20769, with Composite 16592, in LMS lined maroon livery.
Hornby is a household name and is famous as the UK's brand leader in the model railway hobby with its high quality 00 gauge (1:76) models and accessories.
Detailed scale model. Not suitable for children under 14 years.Please refer to the safety notes in the enclosed instruction leaflet. Colours and contents may differ from those illustrated. Please retain these details and the address for future reference.
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
|DCC Type||DCC Ready|
|Limited Edition Size||1,000|
- NEM Couplings
Product Questions & Answers Sign in or register to ask a question
Do you have a question about this product that other customers may be able to answer? Simply log in to the website and ask - other customers can then offer their help and answers.
Questions submitted should be aimed at other collectors, especially those that have previously purchased the model. The Q&A feature is not designed for contacting Customer Care or addressing Hornby Hobbies directly. If you do have a question for us, please do still contact us but use the Contact Us page instead.
Submissions that violate these rules (and the Guidelines) will be declined.
Please read the questions & answers guidelines before asking or answering a question.
- Once submitted, questions and answers should appear on the website within 72 hours, however, we will endeavour to approve both questions and answers as soon as possible.
- Please keep questions relevant and related to the product you’re asking it on. General questions can be asked on our Forum or sent straight to Customer Services
- Remember to keep questions and answers short and concise. Longer questions and answers are less likely to be read.
- Be sure to vote on answers you find either helpful or unhelpful. These votes are vital to getting the most helpful answers to other collectors.
- Please refrain from asking questions involving other manufacturers. For example, asking if something is better or worse than a competitor’s product is not permitted.
- Do not include personal information (email addresses or telephone numbers) in any question or answer.
- Any questions or answers that contain profanities, distasteful language or promotional material will not be approved. This also applies to Nicknames.