Peckett 614, Centenary Year Limited Edition - 2016
c Available to Pre-order now Don't miss out! Pre-order today and be amongst the first to receive this item.Pre-order FAQ's
- What is a pre-order? It is possible to secure some items before they come into stock by pre-ordering on the website. This is especially useful when a product is anticipated to be popular, and could sell out in a short time once released.
- When will my pre-order arrive? The product listing gives an estimated arrival time for the product, please note that this date can change due to changes in manufacturing and shipping schedules. These dates are updated monthly, keep track of your pre-orders by logging into My Orders for the latest estimated arrival date. When stock arrives, pre-orders are despatched in the order that they were placed.
What happens if the price of my item changes while on pre-order? If the price of your pre-order item changes after you have placed your order, we will only ever charge you the lowest price between time of ordering and when the item comes into stock and is despatched to you. For example, if you pre-order an item and the price is subsequently increased, you will still be charged the original price. However, if you pre-order an item and the price is subsequently decreased, you will be charged the lower price.
- When will I be charged? Your card will only be charged when the items are in-stock and ready to be despatched.
- Are my card details safe? Yes – we use an external, secure payment system, Braintree (part of PayPal) to store and handle your card details.
- Can I cancel my pre-order? Yes – you can cancel a pre-order before it has been despatched. Log into My Orders, or contact our Customer Care team with your pre-order number on 01843 233512 or email@example.com
- Can I pay by PayPal for a pre-order? Yes you can.
- How many items can I pre-order? There is no limit to the number of pre-orders that you can place. However, for some products there may be a limit on the number of units that can be pre-ordered. This will be clearly marked on the product listing.
- How do delivery charges apply to pre-orders? Pre-order items will be despatched as soon as they come into stock and will therefore incur delivery charges where applicable. If you have different pre-order items in your basket, or a mixture of pre-order and in stock items these will each show a separate delivery charge.
- What happens if my registered card expires before my item comes into stock? If your card expires, we will send you an email asking you to log into your account and update your card details.
- What if I decide to pay with a different card after I place my pre-order? You can change the registered card for each pre-order by visiting My Orders.
- Will you definitely have the stock to fulfil my pre-order? Yes – unlike some websites, which take pre-orders without securing stock in advance, we guarantee that we have secured stock levels for our pre-orders. In the unlikely event that we cannot honour your pre-order (except when a product is completely withdrawn before release) we will give you a £10 gift voucher to spend on the website.
- Can I make a pre-order by post or telephone? Yes you can, but payment must be with a credit/debit card. Please call our Customer Care team on 01843 233512 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Can I use a Club or discount code on pre-orders? Yes you can.
FREE UK Delivery when you spend over £30.
Please allow up to 3 working days for UK delivery following the day you placed your order.
* Club membership packages do not count towards free delivery thresholds
Europe - 3-5 days
Rest of World - 5-10 days
We also offer FREE delivery to selected international destinations
Over the years there had been very little demand for industrial locomotives, which was why Hornby had not even considered producing such models, opting only for locomotives that had operated on the UK national rail network.
On a dull and rainy day while the Hornby development team were visiting a heritage railway with the intention of measuring and photographing a wagon, they chanced upon a 4wDM 0-4-0 Sentinel industrial locomotive and decided, as they had time that they would measure and photograph the locomotive. Returning to Hornby it was suggested that a model of the diesel shunter would make an excellent addition to the range.After some deliberation it was agreed to produce the model which consequently appeared in the 2013 Hornby range. So successful was the Sentinel it was decided that the next Industrial locomotive to be produced would be of a more traditional type and the one chosen was the charming Peckett W4 Class.
When Hornby announced in October 2015 that they were to produce a model of the Peckett W4 the news was received with great enthusiasm. During 2016 the development of the model was followed closely with a further announcement stating that there were to be three variants of the elegantly proportioned Peckett and by the end of that year all had been sold in advance of release.
By the time the three Pecketts arrived in the Summer of 2017, Hornby had already announced further releases and once again sales for those models were very quickly presold. In 2018 and again in 2019 Hornby revealed additional variants and as with previous releases all were presold long before they reached the retailers’ shelves.
The Hornby Peckett W4 is both elegant in style, graceful in performance and is arguably one of Hornby’s success stories of the years, making up the 2010 decade. As such, this special limited edition Peckett W4 model in Works photographic grey has been produced as part of Hornby’s Centenary Collection and is presented in a special limited edition commemorative pack which includes a resin miniature maker’s plate. Supplied complete with a certificate which states that the model is from a production run of just 2000
Hornby is a household name and is famous as the UK's brand leader in the model railway hobby with its high quality 00 gauge (1:76) models and accessories.
Technical Specification & Detail
|DCC Type||DCC Ready|
|Period||Era 2 (1870 - 1922)|
|Operator/Livery||Peckett, Photographic Grey|
|Limited Edition Size||2000|
|Designer||Peckett & Sons|
|Motor||3 Pole Skew Wound|