LNER 0-8-0 '2265' Raven Q6 Class
FREE UK Delivery when you spend over £30.
Please allow up to 3 working days for UK delivery following the day you placed your order.
* Club membership packages do not count towards free delivery thresholds
Europe - 3-5 days
Rest of World - 5-10 days
We also offer FREE delivery to selected international destinations
At the end of the first decade of the 20th century, the upsurge in the growth of mineral traffic in the North-East exceeded the amount of steam haulage available to transport it. The existing North Eastern Q5 locomotives, designed by Wilson Worsdell, were extremely capable engines but the new Chief Mechanical Officer, Vincent Raven, felt a more powerful, superheated design would be justified in the circumstances.
Between February 1913 and March 1921, 120 examples of Raven’s new T2 eight-coupled locomotive were built, in six batches, resulting in a powerful, sturdy and reliable engine design that fulfilled its requirement to haul mineral and heavy freight traffic, right through to late 1967. The first seventy were built at Darlington, with the last batch of fifty being constructed by Armstrong Whitworth & Co. of Newcastle.
Hornby is a household name and is famous as the UK's brand leader in the model railway hobby with its high quality 00 gauge (1:76) models and accessories.
Detailed scale model. Not suitable for children under 14 years.Please refer to the safety notes in the enclosed instruction leaflet. Colours and contents may differ from those illustrated. Please retain these details and the address for future reference.
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
|DCC Type||DCC Ready|
|Motor||5 Pole Skew Wound. Loco Drive|
- NEM Couplings
Product Questions & Answers Sign in or register to ask a question
Do you have a question about this product that other customers may be able to answer? Simply log in to the website and ask - other customers can then offer their help and answers.
Questions submitted should be aimed at other collectors, especially those that have previously purchased the model. The Q&A feature is not designed for contacting Customer Care or addressing Hornby Hobbies directly. If you do have a question for us, please do still contact us but use the Contact Us page instead.
Submissions that violate these rules (and the Guidelines) will be declined.
Please read the questions & answers guidelines before asking or answering a question.
- Once submitted, questions and answers should appear on the website within 72 hours, however, we will endeavour to approve both questions and answers as soon as possible.
- Please keep questions relevant and related to the product you’re asking it on. General questions can be asked on our Forum or sent straight to Customer Services
- Remember to keep questions and answers short and concise. Longer questions and answers are less likely to be read.
- Be sure to vote on answers you find either helpful or unhelpful. These votes are vital to getting the most helpful answers to other collectors.
- Please refrain from asking questions involving other manufacturers. For example, asking if something is better or worse than a competitor’s product is not permitted.
- Do not include personal information (email addresses or telephone numbers) in any question or answer.
- Any questions or answers that contain profanities, distasteful language or promotional material will not be approved. This also applies to Nicknames.