BR 4-6-0 'The Ranger' '46165' Royal Scot Class, Late BR
FREE UK Delivery when you spend over £30.
Please allow up to 3 working days for UK delivery following the day you placed your order.
* Club membership packages do not count towards free delivery thresholds
Europe - 3-5 days
Rest of World - 5-10 days
We also offer FREE delivery to selected international destinations
By 1926, faced with a stock book of outdated and unsuitable mainline locomotive traction, the London Midland Scottish Railway had an urgent need for “provision of an improved and more powerful type of passenger engine for the purpose of avoiding double heading and duplication of certain heavy express passenger main line services”.
In October 1926, following a degree of procrastination by the management of the LMS, the loan of Great Western Castle class No.5000 Launceston Castle spurred the LMS into action and in December, an order for fifty ‘improved’ 4-6-0 tender engines from North British was placed; the result being the iconic ‘Royal Scot’ class of locomotive.
Hornby is a household name and is famous as the UK's brand leader in the model railway hobby with its high quality 00 gauge (1:76) models and accessories.
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
|DCC Type||DCC Ready|
|Designer||Sir William Stanier|
|Motor||5 Pole Skew Wound. Loco Drive|
- NEM Couplings
Product Questions & Answers Sign in or register to ask a question
Do you have a question about this product that other customers may be able to answer? Simply log in to the website and ask - other customers can then offer their help and answers.
Questions submitted should be aimed at other collectors, especially those that have previously purchased the model. The Q&A feature is not designed for contacting Customer Care or addressing Hornby Hobbies directly. If you do have a question for us, please do still contact us but use the Contact Us page instead.
Submissions that violate these rules (and the Guidelines) will be declined.
Please read the questions & answers guidelines before asking or answering a question.
- Once submitted, questions and answers should appear on the website within 72 hours, however, we will endeavour to approve both questions and answers as soon as possible.
- Please keep questions relevant and related to the product you’re asking it on. General questions can be asked on our Forum or sent straight to Customer Services
- Remember to keep questions and answers short and concise. Longer questions and answers are less likely to be read.
- Be sure to vote on answers you find either helpful or unhelpful. These votes are vital to getting the most helpful answers to other collectors.
- Please refrain from asking questions involving other manufacturers. For example, asking if something is better or worse than a competitor’s product is not permitted.
- Do not include personal information (email addresses or telephone numbers) in any question or answer.
- Any questions or answers that contain profanities, distasteful language or promotional material will not be approved. This also applies to Nicknames.
Ask A Question
Answer This Question
Royal Scot Review
Purchased recently. First sample ran poorly, derailed easily. Returned for replacement. Second sample slightly better, but consistently derailed on crossovers while running at around half maximum speed. Returned for a refund. Big disappointment - design defect?
Sorry, you can not vote for this review. Please log in