TTS Sound Decoder - A4 Class
FREE UK Delivery when you spend over £30.
Please allow up to 3 working days for UK delivery following the day you placed your order.
* Club membership packages do not count towards free delivery thresholds
Europe - 3-5 days
Rest of World - 5-10 days
We also offer FREE delivery to selected international destinations
IMPORTANT - The decoder does not support sound under DC (analogue) operation. Sounds can only be played under DCC (digital) operation. This applies to all sounds, both running and spot sounds. The locomotive's motor may be controlled under DC operation.
F1 Background steam/steam exhaust/coasting
F2 Chime whistle
F3 Screech whistle
F4 Long chime whistle
F5 Long screech whistle
F6 Short chime whistle
F7 Coal shovelling
F8 Blow down
F9 Safety valve
F11 Cylinder cock
F14 Wheel slip
F15 Coupler clank
F16 Fireman's breakfast
F17 Toggle between 'chuffing' & 'coasting'
F18 Aux lighting
- Supports short and long decoder addresses
- Adjustable acceleration and deceleration
- Back EMF load compensation
- Up to 19 controllable spot sounds dependent on model including whistles or horns etc
- Two sound channels allowing for simultaneous play of full locomotive engine sounds, & individual spot sounds e.g. horns, whistles, brakes, wagons coupling etc. NOTE: Only one spot sound can be played at the same time
- It is possible to alter the volume of each sound through an individual dedicated CV. Range 0-8
- Decoder is equipped to support directional front and rear lighting operation via F0 on the controller, providing that the product is fitted with lights
- The decoder is equipped with 1 aux function output controlled by F18 or F25 dependent on locomotive type (diesel or steam)
- Motor current - maximum continuous 500mA
- Motor current - peak 1amp (no function load)
- Function output current maximum—100mA (unprotected)
- Decoder current maximum continuous - 800mA (shared motor and functions)
- Number of sound channels - 2
- Termination - 8 pin plug NEM652. NMRA
Hornby is a household name and is famous as the UK's brand leader in the model railway hobby with its high quality 00 gauge (1:76) models and accessories.
Not suitable for children under 14 years of age. Contains functional sharp points / edges, solder joints / printed circuit board. Tools required for assembly. Soldering to be carried out only by an adult. colour and contents may vary from those illustrated. Please refer to the safety notes in the enclosed instruction leaflet. Made in China. Retain these details and the address for future reference.
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail