Mallard Pullman Train Set - UK Independent Retail Exclusive
FREE UK Delivery when you spend over £30.
Please allow up to 3 working days for UK delivery following the day you placed your order.
* Club membership packages do not count towards free delivery thresholds
Europe - 3-5 days
Rest of World - 5-10 days
We also offer FREE delivery to selected international destinations
On July 3, 1938, Sir Nigel Gresley's 'Mallard' sped down Stoke Bank, south of Grantham on the East Coast Main Line, in a blur of Garter Blue. At milepost 90¼, between Little Bytham and Essendine, the locomotive recorded its highest speed of 126mph. Breaking the 1936 world speed record of 124.5mph for a steam locomotive, previously set by a German engine, the record still stands today. This set is representative of a typical East Coast Pullman train and would have been a familiar sight between London and the North.
The track circuit in this set can be extended to fully complete the included
MidiMat layout by using additional track and accessory packs, creating an exciting and fully functioning model railway (see page 114). As an alternative to the included Pullman Coaches, LNER Teak Coaches from the RailRoad range, available separately, could be substituted.
LNER Class A4 4-6-2 Pacific 4468 ‘Mallard’ 1 Pullman Parlour Car
1 Pullman Brake Car
3rd Radius Starter Oval with Track Pack A (with point and buffer stop)
Train Controller (R8250)
Wall Plug Transformer (P9000W)
Power Connecting Track (R8206) Hornby MidiMat (1600 x 1180mm)
Locomotive suitable for 2nd radius curves or greater.
Hornby is a household name and is famous as the UK's brand leader in the model railway hobby with its high quality 00 gauge (1:76) models and accessories.
WARNING Not suitable for children under 36 months It contains small parts which can present a choking hazard and some components have functional sharp points and edges. Handle with care.Only use this product with the recommended transformer. Colour and contents may differ from those illustrated.Please refer to the safety notes in the main set instruction leaflet. Please retain these details and the address for future reference.
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
|DCC Type||DCC Ready|
|Designer||Sir Nigel Gresley|
- NEM Couplings on Locomotive
Product Questions & Answers Sign in or register to ask a question
Do you have a question about this product that other customers may be able to answer? Simply log in to the website and ask - other customers can then offer their help and answers.
Questions submitted should be aimed at other collectors, especially those that have previously purchased the model. The Q&A feature is not designed for contacting Customer Care or addressing Hornby Hobbies directly. If you do have a question for us, please do still contact us but use the Contact Us page instead.
Submissions that violate these rules (and the Guidelines) will be declined.
Please read the questions & answers guidelines before asking or answering a question.
- Once submitted, questions and answers should appear on the website within 72 hours, however, we will endeavour to approve both questions and answers as soon as possible.
- Please keep questions relevant and related to the product you’re asking it on. General questions can be asked on our Forum or sent straight to Customer Services
- Remember to keep questions and answers short and concise. Longer questions and answers are less likely to be read.
- Be sure to vote on answers you find either helpful or unhelpful. These votes are vital to getting the most helpful answers to other collectors.
- Please refrain from asking questions involving other manufacturers. For example, asking if something is better or worse than a competitor’s product is not permitted.
- Do not include personal information (email addresses or telephone numbers) in any question or answer.
- Any questions or answers that contain profanities, distasteful language or promotional material will not be approved. This also applies to Nicknames.