The Flying Scotsman Train Set
c Available to Pre-order now Don't miss out! Pre-order today and be amongst the first to receive this item.Pre-order FAQ's
- What is a pre-order? It is possible to secure some items before they come into stock by pre-ordering on the website. This is especially useful when a product is anticipated to be popular, and could sell out in a short time once released.
- When will my pre-order arrive? The product listing gives an estimated arrival time for the product, please note that this date can change due to changes in manufacturing and shipping schedules. These dates are updated monthly, keep track of your pre-orders by logging into My Orders for the latest estimated arrival date. When stock arrives, pre-orders are despatched in the order that they were placed.
What happens if the price of my item changes while on pre-order? If the price of your pre-order item changes after you have placed your order, we will only ever charge you the lowest price between time of ordering and when the item comes into stock and is despatched to you. For example, if you pre-order an item and the price is subsequently increased, you will still be charged the original price. However, if you pre-order an item and the price is subsequently decreased, you will be charged the lower price.
- When will I be charged? Your card will only be charged when the items are in-stock and ready to be despatched.
- Are my card details safe? Yes – we use an external, secure payment system, Braintree (part of PayPal) to store and handle your card details.
- Can I cancel my pre-order? Yes – you can cancel a pre-order before it has been despatched. Log into My Orders, or contact our Customer Care team with your pre-order number on 01843 233525 or email@example.com
- Can I pay by PayPal for a pre-order? Yes you can.
- How many items can I pre-order? There is no limit to the number of pre-orders that you can place. However, for some products there may be a limit on the number of units that can be pre-ordered. This will be clearly marked on the product listing.
- How do delivery charges apply to pre-orders? Pre-order items will be despatched as soon as they come into stock and will therefore incur delivery charges where applicable. If you have different pre-order items in your basket, or a mixture of pre-order and in stock items these will each show a separate delivery charge.
- What happens if my registered card expires before my item comes into stock? If your card expires, we will send you an email asking you to log into your account and update your card details.
- What if I decide to pay with a different card after I place my pre-order? You can change the registered card for each pre-order by visiting My Orders.
- Will you definitely have the stock to fulfil my pre-order? Yes – unlike some websites, which take pre-orders without securing stock in advance, we guarantee that we have secured stock levels for our pre-orders. In the unlikely event that we cannot honour your pre-order (except when a product is completely withdrawn before release) we will give you a £10 gift voucher to spend on the website.
- Can I make a pre-order by post or telephone? Yes you can, but payment must be with a credit/debit card. Please call our Customer Care team on 01843 233525 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Can I use a Club or discount code on pre-orders? Yes you can.
FREE UK Delivery when you spend over £30.
Please allow up to 5 working days for UK delivery following the day you placed your order.
* Club membership packages do not count towards free delivery thresholds
Europe - 3-5 days
Rest of World - 5-10 days
We also offer FREE delivery to selected international destinations
The most famous locomotive and train in the World features in this superb Hornby train set. The striking apple green liveried class A1 “Flying Scotsman” helps to recreate those wonderful days of train travel in the 1930s when the two great railway rivals, LNER and the LMS vied for the lucrative passenger traffic between London and Scotland.
The track circuit in this set can be extended to fully complete the included MidiMat layout using additional track and accessory packs thus creating an exciting and fully functioning model railway. Additional coaches can be obtained to extend the train.
- - LNER class A1 4-6-2 ‘Flying Scotsman’ locomotive
- - 2 x LNER composite coach
- - 1 x LNER brake coach
- - 3rd Radius starter oval
- - Track pack A (with point and buffer stop)
- - P9200 wall plug transformer
- - R8250 Train Controller
- - R8206 Power Track
- - Hornby MidiMat (1600 x 1180mm)
This item will be supplied with a UK transformer
Hornby is a household name and is famous as the UK's brand leader in the model railway hobby with its high quality 00 gauge (1:76) models and accessories.
Warning. Not suitable for children under 36 months. It contains small parts which can present a choking hazard, and some components have functional sharp points and edges. Handle with care. Only use this product with the recommended transformer. Colour and contents may differ from those illustrated. Please refer to the Safety notes in the main set instruction leaflet. Please retain these details and the address for future reference.
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
|DCC Type||DCC Ready|
|Livery/owner||LNER Apple Green|
|Designer||Sir Nigel Gresley|
- NEM Couplings on Locomotive
Parts, Spares & Service Sheets
Below are the parts and spares for this product.
|PCB Socket and Pins||X9084|
|RailRoad A1/A3 Flying Scotsman Accessory Bag||X11026||Out of stock|
|Tornado Motor Retainer Flywheel||X6331||Out of stock|
|Tornado Coupling Rods (R3059)||X6335|
|Tornado Bogie Bracket (R3059)||X6338|
|Tornado Tender Assembly (R3059)||X6340|
|Tornado Gear Set||X6346|
|RailRoad Class A1 Cylinder Block (R3086)||X6869||Out of stock|
|RailRoad Class A1 Valve Gear Set (R3086)||X6870||Out of stock|
|RailRoad Class A1 Locomotive Wheel Set (R3086)||X6871||Out of stock|