RailRoad LNER 4-6-2 'Flying Scotsman' A1 Class with TTS Sound
c Available to Pre-order now Don't miss out! Pre-order today and be amongst the first to receive this item.Pre-order FAQ's
- What is a pre-order? It is possible to secure some items before they come into stock by pre-ordering on the website. This is especially useful when a product is anticipated to be popular, and could sell out in a short time once released.
- When will my pre-order arrive? The product listing gives an estimated arrival time for the product, please note that this date can change due to changes in manufacturing and shipping schedules. These dates are updated monthly, keep track of your pre-orders by logging into My Orders for the latest estimated arrival date. When stock arrives, pre-orders are despatched in the order that they were placed.
What happens if the price of my item changes while on pre-order? If the price of your pre-order item changes after you have placed your order, we will only ever charge you the lowest price between time of ordering and when the item comes into stock and is despatched to you. For example, if you pre-order an item and the price is subsequently increased, you will still be charged the original price. However, if you pre-order an item and the price is subsequently decreased, you will be charged the lower price.
- When will I be charged? Your card will only be charged when the items are in-stock and ready to be despatched.
- Are my card details safe? Yes – we use an external, secure payment system, Braintree (part of PayPal) to store and handle your card details.
- Can I cancel my pre-order? Yes – you can cancel a pre-order before it has been despatched. Log into My Orders, or contact our Customer Care team with your pre-order number on 01843 233525 or email@example.com
- Can I pay by PayPal for a pre-order? Yes you can.
- How many items can I pre-order? There is no limit to the number of pre-orders that you can place. However, for some products there may be a limit on the number of units that can be pre-ordered. This will be clearly marked on the product listing.
- How do delivery charges apply to pre-orders? Pre-order items will be despatched as soon as they come into stock and will therefore incur delivery charges where applicable. If you have different pre-order items in your basket, or a mixture of pre-order and in stock items these will each show a separate delivery charge.
- What happens if my registered card expires before my item comes into stock? If your card expires, we will send you an email asking you to log into your account and update your card details.
- What if I decide to pay with a different card after I place my pre-order? You can change the registered card for each pre-order by visiting My Orders.
- Will you definitely have the stock to fulfil my pre-order? Yes – unlike some websites, which take pre-orders without securing stock in advance, we guarantee that we have secured stock levels for our pre-orders. In the unlikely event that we cannot honour your pre-order (except when a product is completely withdrawn before release) we will give you a £10 gift voucher to spend on the website.
- Can I make a pre-order by post or telephone? Yes you can, but payment must be with a credit/debit card. Please call our Customer Care team on 01843 233525 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Can I use a Club or discount code on pre-orders? Yes you can.
FREE UK Delivery when you spend over £30.
Please allow up to 5 working days for UK delivery following the day you placed your order.
* Club membership packages do not count towards free delivery thresholds
Europe - 3-5 days
Rest of World - 5-10 days
We also offer FREE delivery to selected international destinations
Following the financial collapse of Flying Scotsman plc in November 2003, 4472 Flying Scotsman was put up for auction by property consultants GVA Grimley, prompting fears that the iconic locomotive would be sold overseas, never to run on British rails again.
Placing a value on the iconic locomotive was considered to be “rather akin to valuing the crown jewels”, but with two International buyers being interested in purchasing Flying Scotsman, a “Save Our Scotsman” campaign to save her for the nation was launched by the National Railway Museum. With a bid of £2.31 million, comprising £441,644 raised by public donations. £365,000 match funding from the Virgin Group and a £1.8 million grant from the National Heritage Memorial Fund, the campaign succeeded and Flying Scotsman was incorporated into the National Collection in April 2004.
In LNER Apple Green livery and numbered as 4472, Flying Scotsman returned to York on May 29, 2004 to open the NRM's Railfest 2004. Cheered on by thousands of onlookers and with the City of York Pipe Band marching alongside, Flying Scotsman broke a banner across the track, whilst the collection of attending locomotives blew their whistles in welcome.
- F0 Headlight/rearlight
- F1 Background steam/exhaust/coasting
- F2 Chime whistle long
- F3 Chime whistle short
- F4 Chime whistle two bursts
- F5 Chime whistle passing
- F6 Wheel slip
- F7 Coal shovelling
- F8 Blow down
- F9 Safety valve
- F10 Injector
- F11 Cyclinder cock
- F12 Brake
- F13 Blower
- F14 Guard's whistle
- F15 Coupler clank
- F16 Fireman's breakfast
- F17 Chuffing/coasting
Our Hornby engineers have developed a unique sound decoder that not only provides superior DCC control but also dedicated sounds associated with the locomotives that have been installed with this new sound decoder - TTS Twin Track Sound.
Our Hornby RailRoad collection provides a perfect entry into the exciting world of 00 gauge railway modelling. Designed to be less easily damaged, yet maintaining attractive detailing and accurate liveries, the range is ideal for both the younger enthusiast and experienced modeller. View the full range
WARNING Not suitable for children under 36 months. It contains small parts which can present a choking hazard, and some components have functional sharp points and edges. Handle with care. Please refer to the Safety Notes in the main Set Instruction leaflet. Colour and Contents may differ from those illustrated. Please retain these details and the address for future reference.
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
|DCC Type||DCC Fitted|
|Livery/owner||LNER Apple Green|
|Designer||Sir Nigel Gresley|
|Detail||Digital TTS Sound|
|Motor||5 Pole Skew Wound. Loco Drive|
- NEM Couplings