EWS Freight Train Pack - Limited Edition
FREE UK Delivery when you spend over £30.
Please allow up to 3 working days for UK delivery following the day you placed your order.
* Club membership packages do not count towards free delivery thresholds
Europe - 3-5 days
Rest of World - 5-10 days
We also offer FREE delivery to selected international destinations
2016 marks the 20th anniversary of the formation of one of the United Kingdom’s most distinctive Railway Operating Companies, English Welsh & Scottish Railway Ltd, or EWS as it was more commonly known. The merger of Rail Express Systems, Loadhaul, Mainline Freight and Transrail Freight into North and South Railways during March 1996 was followed, on April 25th, by the unveiling of the EWS brand, but it was not until October 1996 that the English Welsh & Scottish Railway Ltd was formed.
On December 24, 1996, EWS was announced as the preferred bidder for the loss-making Railfreight Distribution, a deal concluded on March 12, 1997. At that point EWS controlled 90% of the United Kingdom's railfreight market and by 2006 the company's turnover was approaching £1 billion, with the UK market share standing at around 70%. On June 28, 2007, Deutsche Bahn announced it had agreed to purchase EWS, subject to receiving regulatory approval and the sale was completed on November 13, 2007. Despite assurances to the contrary, on January 1, 2009 EWS was rebranded as DB Schenker, their corporate red livery displacing the highly distinctive EWS maroon and yellow livery.
Train pack includes:
- - EWS Class 67 ‘67003’ in maroon and gold livery
- - MHA wagon numbered ‘394652’
- - MHA wagon numbered ‘394653’
- - MHA wagon numbered ‘394654'
Hornby is a household name and is famous as the UK's brand leader in the model railway hobby with its high quality 00 gauge (1:76) models and accessories.
Detailed scale model. Not suitable for children under 14 years. Please refer to safety notes in enclosed instruction leaflet. Colours and contents may differ from those illustrated. Please retain these details and the address for future reference.
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
|DCC Type||DCC Ready|
|Livery/owner||EWS Maroon & Gold|
|Limited Edition Size||1,000|
- NEM Couplings
Product Questions & Answers Sign in or register to ask a question
Do you have a question about this product that other customers may be able to answer? Simply log in to the website and ask - other customers can then offer their help and answers.
Questions submitted should be aimed at other collectors, especially those that have previously purchased the model. The Q&A feature is not designed for contacting Customer Care or addressing Hornby Hobbies directly. If you do have a question for us, please do still contact us but use the Contact Us page instead.
Submissions that violate these rules (and the Guidelines) will be declined.
Please read the questions & answers guidelines before asking or answering a question.
- Once submitted, questions and answers should appear on the website within 72 hours, however, we will endeavour to approve both questions and answers as soon as possible.
- Please keep questions relevant and related to the product you’re asking it on. General questions can be asked on our Forum or sent straight to Customer Services
- Remember to keep questions and answers short and concise. Longer questions and answers are less likely to be read.
- Be sure to vote on answers you find either helpful or unhelpful. These votes are vital to getting the most helpful answers to other collectors.
- Please refrain from asking questions involving other manufacturers. For example, asking if something is better or worse than a competitor’s product is not permitted.
- Do not include personal information (email addresses or telephone numbers) in any question or answer.
- Any questions or answers that contain profanities, distasteful language or promotional material will not be approved. This also applies to Nicknames.
Ask A Question
Answer This Question
I already have a couple of Hornby class 67 locos in Royal train & Caledonian sleeper liveries and have been very pleased with their quiet & smooth running. I was lucky enough to get this train pack from a well known supplier in the North West who was offering it at a greatly marked down price so very pleased.to add this to my collection. Loco has excellent pulling power and features forward and reverse lighting. Hoping to purchase the TTS sound decoders when available to enhance my models further.
Sorry, you can not vote for this review. Please log in