GBRf, Class 66, Co-Co, 66751 'Inspiration Delivered - Hitachi Rail Europe' - Era 10
FREE UK Delivery when you spend over £30.
Please allow up to 3 working days for UK delivery following the day you placed your order.
* Club membership packages do not count towards free delivery thresholds
Europe - 3-5 days
Rest of World - 5-10 days
We also offer FREE delivery to selected international destinations
The Class 66 owes its existence to EWS as, following the privatisation of British Railway’s rail freight operations in 1996, the company bought up a number of the newly privatised companies, giving them a 93% share of UK rail freight and a fleet of over 1,600 ageing locomotives. These needed to be replaced with reliable diesel locomotives and EWS were aware that Electro-Motive Diesel, part of the General Motors Group in Chicago, had already supplied fifteen Class 59 locomotives to three operators in the United Kingdom.
The result was the Class 61 locomotive, later re-classified as Class 66 under TOPS, a development of the Class 59 and an order for 250 new locomotives was placed, involving an outlay of £375 million, the biggest investment ever in one order, for locomotives. The first locomotive shipped to the United Kingdom, arriving at Immingham, in June 1998 and was followed at the rate of eleven per month via Newport Docks, until the order was completed in December 2001. All that EWS’s engineers had to do was to remove the locomotives’ tarpaulins, unblock the suspension and hook up the batteries to make the engines serviceable, especially as they shipped with fuel and water loaded.
Hornby is a household name and is famous as the UK's brand leader in the model railway hobby with its high quality 00 gauge (1:76) models and accessories.
Detailed scale model. Not suitable for children under 14 years.Please refer to the safety notes in the enclosed instruction leaflet. Colours and contents may differ from those illustrated. Please retain these details and the address for future reference.
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
|DCC Type||DCC Ready|
|Operator/Livery||GBRf, GBRf Blue & Yellow|
|Motor||5 Pole Skew Wound|
- NEM Couplings
Product Questions & Answers Sign in or register to ask a question
Do you have a question about this product that other customers may be able to answer? Simply log in to the website and ask - other customers can then offer their help and answers.
Questions submitted should be aimed at other collectors, especially those that have previously purchased the model. The Q&A feature is not designed for contacting Customer Care or addressing Hornby Hobbies directly. If you do have a question for us, please do still contact us but use the Contact Us page instead.
Submissions that violate these rules (and the Guidelines) will be declined.
Please read the questions & answers guidelines before asking or answering a question.
- Once submitted, questions and answers should appear on the website within 72 hours, however, we will endeavour to approve both questions and answers as soon as possible.
- Please keep questions relevant and related to the product you’re asking it on. General questions can be asked on our Forum or sent straight to Customer Services
- Remember to keep questions and answers short and concise. Longer questions and answers are less likely to be read.
- Be sure to vote on answers you find either helpful or unhelpful. These votes are vital to getting the most helpful answers to other collectors.
- Please refrain from asking questions involving other manufacturers. For example, asking if something is better or worse than a competitor’s product is not permitted.
- Do not include personal information (email addresses or telephone numbers) in any question or answer.
- Any questions or answers that contain profanities, distasteful language or promotional material will not be approved. This also applies to Nicknames.
Ask A Question
Answer This Question
Amazing model, high quality. It runs well on a simple floor layout, and the addons are good, but i dont know how to add them (exept the nameplates, you just need some blu-tack) but the plastic it is stored in in the box is quite hard to take the train out or in without breaking the plastic in half which is required for box storage
Sorry, you can not vote for this review. Please log in