BR 4-6-2 'Coeur-de-Lion' '70007', Britannia Class, Late BR
FREE UK Delivery when you spend over £30.
Please allow up to 3 working days for UK delivery following the day you placed your order.
* Club membership packages do not count towards free delivery thresholds
Europe - 3-5 days
Rest of World - 5-10 days
We also offer FREE delivery to selected international destinations
The locomotive exchanges of 1948, initiated by the fledgling British Railways, had far reaching consequences for the future locomotive stock of the industry, not least in the construction of new classes of steam traction. The first of the new classes to be ordered by the Railway Executive was for a new 4-6-2 Pacific design, incorporating the best in steam technology and with reduced maintenance requirements.
Robert Riddles, as the first Chief Mechanical Engineer of British Railways, drew heavily on his previous LMS designs in designing the new 4-6-2, with elements from Bulleid’s SR Merchant Navy design, blastpipe configuration from the GWR and LNER crank design being incorporated. Weight limits were kept within Bulleid’s Light Pacific margins and the result was a pleasing looking, very capable mixed traffic locomotive. The naming of locomotives under British Railways management was undertaken by a Locomotive Naming Committee of three senior railway officers, but it was Bishop Eric Treacy that suggested the name of Britannia for 70000, the first of the class, and it was by this name that the class was generally known.
Hornby is a household name and is famous as the UK's brand leader in the model railway hobby with its high quality 00 gauge (1:76) models and accessories.
Detailed scale model. Not suitable for children under 14 years.Please refer to the safety notes in the enclosed instruction leaflet. Colours and contents may differ from those illustrated. Please retain these details and the address for future reference.
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
|DCC Type||DCC Ready|
|Motor||5 Pole Skew Wound|
- NEM Couplings
Product Questions & Answers Sign in or register to ask a question
Do you have a question about this product that other customers may be able to answer? Simply log in to the website and ask - other customers can then offer their help and answers.
Questions submitted should be aimed at other collectors, especially those that have previously purchased the model. The Q&A feature is not designed for contacting Customer Care or addressing Hornby Hobbies directly. If you do have a question for us, please do still contact us but use the Contact Us page instead.
Submissions that violate these rules (and the Guidelines) will be declined.
Please read the questions & answers guidelines before asking or answering a question.
- Once submitted, questions and answers should appear on the website within 72 hours, however, we will endeavour to approve both questions and answers as soon as possible.
- Please keep questions relevant and related to the product you’re asking it on. General questions can be asked on our Forum or sent straight to Customer Services
- Remember to keep questions and answers short and concise. Longer questions and answers are less likely to be read.
- Be sure to vote on answers you find either helpful or unhelpful. These votes are vital to getting the most helpful answers to other collectors.
- Please refrain from asking questions involving other manufacturers. For example, asking if something is better or worse than a competitor’s product is not permitted.
- Do not include personal information (email addresses or telephone numbers) in any question or answer.
- Any questions or answers that contain profanities, distasteful language or promotional material will not be approved. This also applies to Nicknames.