Lyme Regis Branch Line Train Pack - Limited Edition
FREE UK Delivery when you spend over £30.
Please allow up to 3 working days for UK delivery following the day you placed your order.
* Club membership packages do not count towards free delivery thresholds
Europe - 3-5 days
Rest of World - 5-10 days
We also offer FREE delivery to selected international destinations
Situated on the border between Dorset and Devon, the 6¾ mile Lyme Regis Branch line connected the coastal town of Lyme Regis, in Dorset, with the London-Exeter main line at Axminster, in Devon.
Running through wonderful countryside and across the substantial ten-arched Cannington viaduct, the London & South Western Railway line was opened on August 24, 1903 and stayed in operation until November 29, 1965, when it closed to traffic. On opening, six return journeys operated on weekdays, soon increasing to eight under the L&SWR and by summer 1938, this had increased again to eleven trips. During British Rail operation the normal service steadied at ten trips daily, until 1951 when it dropped to nine, whilst Sunday services were irregular, varying between six to eleven trips during the summer timetable.
The line, with its tight curves and gradients, became synonymous with the operation of three LSWR 415 locomotives, the Adams Radials, which were the mainstay of the motive power on the route for over 30 years.
- - Adam's Radial LSWR 415 class ‘0415’ 30583 in BR lined black with early crests
- - Maunsell ex-LSWR Brake Third ‘S2636S’
- - Brake Composite ‘S6401S’
Hornby is a household name and is famous as the UK's brand leader in the model railway hobby with its high quality 00 gauge (1:76) models and accessories.
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
The elegant, well-proportioned lines of this Victorian locomotive are really captured well and being able to see daylight under the boiler just adds the finishing touch. The 5 Pole motor, along with a die-cast chassis and boiler, gives great smooth slow running characteristics too.
Technical Specification & Detail
|DCC Type||DCC Ready|
|Operator/Livery||Early BR, Lined Black/BR Maroon|
|Limited Edition Size||1,000|
- NEM Couplings
Product Questions & Answers Sign in or register to ask a question
Do you have a question about this product that other customers may be able to answer? Simply log in to the website and ask - other customers can then offer their help and answers.
Questions submitted should be aimed at other collectors, especially those that have previously purchased the model. The Q&A feature is not designed for contacting Customer Care or addressing Hornby Hobbies directly. If you do have a question for us, please do still contact us but use the Contact Us page instead.
Submissions that violate these rules (and the Guidelines) will be declined.
Please read the questions & answers guidelines before asking or answering a question.
- Once submitted, questions and answers should appear on the website within 72 hours, however, we will endeavour to approve both questions and answers as soon as possible.
- Please keep questions relevant and related to the product you’re asking it on. General questions can be asked on our Forum or sent straight to Customer Services
- Remember to keep questions and answers short and concise. Longer questions and answers are less likely to be read.
- Be sure to vote on answers you find either helpful or unhelpful. These votes are vital to getting the most helpful answers to other collectors.
- Please refrain from asking questions involving other manufacturers. For example, asking if something is better or worse than a competitor’s product is not permitted.
- Do not include personal information (email addresses or telephone numbers) in any question or answer.
- Any questions or answers that contain profanities, distasteful language or promotional material will not be approved. This also applies to Nicknames.
Ask A Question
Answer This Question
Another Hornby success
From the packaging, presentation and the models themselves this is a superb train pack. The fine detailing on all 3 vehicles is very impressive. The locomotive ran perfectly straight out of the box. The highlight of my collecting this year is owning this train pack. Thankyou Hornby.
Sorry, you can not vote for this review. Please log in