FREE UK Delivery when you spend over £30.
Please allow up to 3 working days for UK delivery following the day you placed your order.
* Club membership packages do not count towards free delivery thresholds
Europe - 3-5 days
Rest of World - 5-10 days
We also offer FREE delivery to selected international destinations
A total of thirty Class 67 locomotives were built between 1999 and 2000 by Alstom, in Spain, for English, Welsh & Scottish Railway (EWS). These Bo-Bo configured diesel electric locomotives have a large fuel capacity, electro-pneumatic brakes and a top speed of 125mph (200km/h). The bodyshell is a monocoque load bearing Alstom design, whilst the bogies, also designed by Alstom, are of an "H" frame design.
The engine, traction motors and control electronics are the same as those used in the Class 66, but differ in that the traction motors are frame mounted, rather than axle hung, to reduce unsprung mass. The gear ratios have also been increased, allowing higher speeds and the cab is designed around a central driving position. The Class 67 locomotives are able to supply electric head-end power for passenger train heating and air-conditioning and are equipped for buffer and screw coupling, as well as also coupling via a buckeye coupler, attached on a swing arm mount.
The first locomotive to be delivered was 67003, arriving in October 1999, but plans for a rapid acceptance into service were delayed by loading gauge issues. The high axle load of the locomotive caused an initial speed restriction to 110 mph and modifications to the bogies were required, all thirty units being modified by June 2003.
Hornby is a household name and is famous as the UK's brand leader in the model railway hobby with its high quality 00 gauge (1:76) models and accessories.
Detailed scale model. Not suitable for children under 14 years.Please refer to the safety notes in the enclosed instruction leaflet. Colours and contents may differ from those illustrated. Please retain these details and the address for future reference.
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
|DCC Type||DCC Ready|
|Operator/Livery||DB Schenker, DBS Cherry Red|
|Motor||5 Pole Skew Wound|
- NEM Couplings
Product Questions & Answers Sign in or register to ask a question
Do you have a question about this product that other customers may be able to answer? Simply log in to the website and ask - other customers can then offer their help and answers.
Questions submitted should be aimed at other collectors, especially those that have previously purchased the model. The Q&A feature is not designed for contacting Customer Care or addressing Hornby Hobbies directly. If you do have a question for us, please do still contact us but use the Contact Us page instead.
Submissions that violate these rules (and the Guidelines) will be declined.
Please read the questions & answers guidelines before asking or answering a question.
- Once submitted, questions and answers should appear on the website within 72 hours, however, we will endeavour to approve both questions and answers as soon as possible.
- Please keep questions relevant and related to the product you’re asking it on. General questions can be asked on our Forum or sent straight to Customer Services
- Remember to keep questions and answers short and concise. Longer questions and answers are less likely to be read.
- Be sure to vote on answers you find either helpful or unhelpful. These votes are vital to getting the most helpful answers to other collectors.
- Please refrain from asking questions involving other manufacturers. For example, asking if something is better or worse than a competitor’s product is not permitted.
- Do not include personal information (email addresses or telephone numbers) in any question or answer.
- Any questions or answers that contain profanities, distasteful language or promotional material will not be approved. This also applies to Nicknames.