Lima Expert (H0 1:87), NSW, steam locomotive C38 Class 4-6-2 "Pacific" Express Passenger Locomotive #3806, black/green livery, period III
c Available to Pre-order now Don't miss out! Pre-order today and be amongst the first to receive this item.Pre-order FAQ's
- What is a pre-order? It is possible to secure some items before they come into stock by pre-ordering on the website. This is especially useful when a product is anticipated to be popular, and could sell out in a short time once released.
- When will my pre-order arrive? The product listing gives an estimated arrival time for the product, please note that this date can change due to changes in manufacturing and shipping schedules. These dates are updated monthly, keep track of your pre-orders by logging into My Orders for the latest estimated arrival date. When stock arrives, pre-orders are despatched in the order that they were placed.
What happens if the price of my item changes while on pre-order? If the price of your pre-order item changes after you have placed your order, we will only ever charge you the lowest price between time of ordering and when the item comes into stock and is despatched to you. For example, if you pre-order an item and the price is subsequently increased, you will still be charged the original price. However, if you pre-order an item and the price is subsequently decreased, you will be charged the lower price.
- When will I be charged? Your card will only be charged when the items are in-stock and ready to be despatched.
- Are my card details safe? Yes – we use an external, secure payment system, Braintree (part of PayPal) to store and handle your card details.
- Can I cancel my pre-order? Yes – you can cancel a pre-order before it has been despatched. Log into My Orders, or contact our Customer Care team with your pre-order number on 01843 233512 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Can I pay by PayPal for a pre-order? Yes you can.
- How many items can I pre-order? There is no limit to the number of pre-orders that you can place. However, for some products there may be a limit on the number of units that can be pre-ordered. This will be clearly marked on the product listing.
- How do delivery charges apply to pre-orders? Pre-order items will be despatched as soon as they come into stock and will therefore incur delivery charges where applicable. If you have different pre-order items in your basket, or a mixture of pre-order and in stock items these will each show a separate delivery charge.
- What happens if my registered card expires before my item comes into stock? If your card expires, we will send you an email asking you to log into your account and update your card details.
- What if I decide to pay with a different card after I place my pre-order? You can change the registered card for each pre-order by visiting My Orders.
- Will you definitely have the stock to fulfil my pre-order? Yes – unlike some websites, which take pre-orders without securing stock in advance, we guarantee that we have secured stock levels for our pre-orders. In the unlikely event that we cannot honour your pre-order (except when a product is completely withdrawn before release) we will give you a £10 gift voucher to spend on the website.
- Can I make a pre-order by post or telephone? Yes you can, but payment must be with a credit/debit card. Please call our Customer Care team on 01843 233512 or email@example.com
- Can I use a Club or discount code on pre-orders? Yes you can.
FREE UK Delivery when you spend over £30.
Please allow up to 3 working days for UK delivery following the day you placed your order.
* Club membership packages do not count towards free delivery thresholds
Europe - 3-5 days
Rest of World - 5-10 days
We also offer FREE delivery to selected international destinations
|NSW, locomotive à vapeur C38 classe 4-6-2 "Pacific" Express Passenger Locomotive #3806, livrée noir/vert, ép. III|
|NSW, Dampflokomotive C38 Baureihe 4-6-2 "Pacific" Express Passenger Locomotive #3806, in schwartz/grüner Lackierung, Ep. III|
|NSW, locomotora a vapor C38 clase 4-6-2 "Pacific" Express Passenger Locomotive #3806, decoración negra/verde, ép. III|
|NSW, locomotiva a vapore C38 classe 4-6-2 "Pacific" Express Passenger Locomotive #3806, livrea nera/verde, ep. III|
A True Australian Railway Icon
C38 Class locomotive was commissioned for the New South Wales Government Railways to eliminate the expense and complications of double heading express passenger and mail trains on the demanding line between Sydney and Albury.
Designed and built in Australia they boasted an impressive 200 tonnes and up to 2500 horsepower.
The first five locomotives were constructed by Clyde Engineering of Sydney. They each featured a streamline design that was considered fashionable to attract passengers of the time. The first locomotive appeared in January 1943.
After a successful introduction, the second batch of 25 non-streamlined locomotives were ordered in 1943, the even numbers built ate Eveleigh and the odd numbers built at the Cardiff workshops. The first non-streamlined locomotive rolled out in November 1945.
The late 1950s saw the rise of the diesel locomotive and the loss of the prestigious passenger duties for the C38s as they went on the haul mixed freight. 1962 saw the beginning of the C38 withdrawal from service with the final C38 withdrawn in December 1970.
The C38 is often seen as Australia's most successful steam passenger locomotive... A true Australian railway icon.
This H0 gauge 1:87 scale model is DCC Ready and can be fitted with an 8 Pin Decoder
The instruction manual for this model can be found here
*Note: Carriages Sold Separately
Technical Specification & Detail
|DCC Type||DCC Ready|