M Menu
b 0 Items s

SWhat's your latest acquisition?

walkingthedog

19112 posts

I owned my CL50 for about 10 years before I knew about the opening doors. In all that time I’ve never seen anybody use them.

Is it the Accurascale 92 you are getting?

WTD ........... Nurse, the screens.

atom3624

1030 posts

I ordered the DJM ... then literally 3 hours later, perhaps less, the Irish one was announced.

Both will be great I'm fairly certain, but what a debacle!!

Al.

R3677 "Duchess of Hamilton" arrived today. It could be more scarlet and less maroon and I think a shinier finish would have been good to give credibility to the "as preserved" description.  Having said that she is lovely, and where others on this thread may value a vintage Hornby for me it's all about the precision in slow speed performance and detailing of these magnificent engines

software development engineer by day, model engineer by night

atom3624

1030 posts

Sounds excellent.

I agree, particularly a 'pristine' museum piece should have a better finish - small criticism, if the rest is so good.

Al.

The detailing and running from the throwaway motors might be good but they are super fragile and still not 100% accurate due to the OO incorrect track gauge.

walkingthedog

19112 posts

M-R you add the bit about incorrect track gauge to just about every reply. We all know that it is wrong but so are many other things with all model railways what ever gauge, tenders to far from the footplate, unrealistic couplings the list is endless. Laughing

WTD ........... Nurse, the screens.

I consder myself told off.

Anyway this rare beauty arrived today.  Loads of watchers on ebay but no bidders and the seller had it on buy it now so I bought it for under £25, well happy.

Rana Temporia

296 posts

MR, please can you post a picture of the rear pony truck? I have one of these locos with one missing and a tender for it. The standard princess type rear pony doesn’t connect to the flying Scotsman tender and I want to ‘bodge’ something that’s near enough!

Col

GNR-Gordon-4

5257 posts

x1 Bachmann Trains 2004 Catalogue

x1 Bachmann Trains 2005 Catalogue

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

A Thomas & Friends OO, HO and OO-9 Model Railway Gauge's Collector Since 2005, an Eddie Stobart Spotter and Collector Since 2010 and an Airfix QUICK BUILD Collector Since 2017

Managed to get my hands on a supposedly rare Bachmann InterCity restaurant coach. I now have enough coaches for a full rake which is nice.

I also managed to pick up 3 HEA hoppers in EWS livery. 

Just need to get something decent to pull them now. I would quite like another shunter or other diesel.

S.C. RUFFEY & Co. BALLAST CONTRACTORS TIDMOUTH, SODOR.

Please create an account or login to reply.

Forum Rules

• The Hornby Forum is intended for discussion of all things model railways. Primarily a place for newcomers to ask questions and seek assistance from like-minded individuals, the Hornby Forum offers a user community for all those interested in railways.
  • Discussion of non-Hornby brands is allowed, however, active promotion or advertising of these brands is not permitted.
  • Please keep in mind that the Hornby Forum is a publicly viewable space and you should never post personal information (including email addresses). 
  • While every effort is made to contact you before any censorship, we reserve the right to amend or remove any content without explanation.
  • All customer service enquiries should be directed to Hornby Customer Services.

Useful Links

Forum Guidelines

Membership Restricted Product