M Menu
b 0 Items s

SThe Engine Shed - The Class 800 Test Train: "As complex as it gets..."

Administrator

919 posts

The Engine Shed is back, this week the team gives you a closer look at the design of the upcoming and highly anticipated Class 800 Hitachi Test Train and the challenges involved in scaling it down. Have a read and as always, be sure to let us know what you think. 

That's just fabulous! Outstanding work and a pat on the back for the man behind all this.

The Hornby Peckett W4 0-4-0ST is the next "Smokey Joe"... JBM

LC&DR

7365 posts

Looks like a lot of hard work. And we think steam locos are highly detailed!

Green trains are best!

Slornie

162 posts

That design really does look fantasic!  I'm still trying to decide whether I want to take the plunge and order one or other version (assuming there are still some floating around).

Lets just hope the finished product looks as good as the art your designer has slaved over - unlike the recently arrived Thompson teaks which I gather have upset lots of people because they look nothing like the artwork from the catalogueSurprised

Please create an account or login to reply.

Forum Rules

• The Hornby Forum is intended for discussion of all things model railways. Primarily a place for newcomers to ask questions and seek assistance from like-minded individuals, the Hornby Forum offers a user community for all those interested in railways.
  • Discussion of non-Hornby brands is allowed, however, active promotion or advertising of these brands is not permitted.
  • Please keep in mind that the Hornby Forum is a publicly viewable space and you should never post personal information (including email addresses). 
  • While every effort is made to contact you before any censorship, we reserve the right to amend or remove any content without explanation.
  • All Customer Care enquiries should be directed to Hornby Customer Care.

Useful Links

Forum Guidelines

Or

Membership Restricted Product