M Menu
b 0 Items s

SOpening R439 - 0020

Twoshoes

1 post

Hi

Can anyone help.?

I am totally new to the world of Model Railways.Having retired through ill health, I needed something to keep me occupied. My 5yr old grandson is MAD on trains............so trains it was !!!

Sorry, my question is : how do I open a R439 0020 Carriage ? It is one of the early ones, and I can see no screws,lugs etc. All I can see is a clip at either end of carriage, below corridor. Don't want to force anything.

Thanks

HornbyinNC

79 posts

These early MK3 coaches were simply clipped together at the factory.  They are not hard to take apart, using a flat blade screw driver to pry off the body at either one of the corridor ends.  Just be a little cautious as to how much pressure you use.

Chrissaf

11849 posts

Community Moderator

TIP: As a newbie poster on the forum, just be aware that the 'Blue Button with the White Arrow' is not a 'Reply to this post' button. If you want to reply to any of the posts, scroll down and write your reply in the reply text box at the bottom of the page and click the Green 'Reply' button.

See also – further TIPs on how to get the best user experience from this forum.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/tips-on-using-the-forum/

Chris........ Making the wood in the trees visible.

RAF96

13583 posts

Community Moderator

Usually you can see which side of the lug has the barb so you know which way to prise to release it. There may be one at each corner and a couple more amidships.

Some coaches have a lug on the chassis at each end engaging in a slot in the body.

Some older coaches the roof pries off and there are screws to relese the body from the chassis.

It is usually a case of gently pry and see where there is resistance to parting and look for lugs or screws in that area.

Halton Brat - Running Win 10, 64-bit - RM (Pro-Pack) with Elite as Controller-A, Select as Walkabout and E-Link as Controller-B - Locos are mostly TTS. http://www.halton96th.org.uk/robs_rails.html

Please create an account or login to reply.

Forum Rules

• The Hornby Forum is intended for discussion of all things model railways. Primarily a place for newcomers to ask questions and seek assistance from like-minded individuals, the Hornby Forum offers a user community for all those interested in railways.
  • Discussion of non-Hornby brands is allowed, however, active promotion or advertising of these brands is not permitted.
  • Please keep in mind that the Hornby Forum is a publicly viewable space and you should never post personal information (including email addresses). 
  • While every effort is made to contact you before any censorship, we reserve the right to amend or remove any content without explanation.
  • All customer service enquiries should be directed to Hornby Customer Services.

Useful Links

Forum Guidelines

This site uses cookies to provide users with the best experience possible, to find out more about them or how to remove cookies from your browser please view our Privacy Policy Or accept cookies to continue to use the website.
Membership Restricted Product