M Menu
b 0 Items s

SHornby Advent Calendar 2018: & Social Media Competitions

Jimyjames

744 posts

I know that this is a bit late but I'm the same with Jacob - "Entry for these two are over, but for next time, I would like to know if there was a way for me to enter without having accounts to those two websites. I don't do Facebook or Twitter and I don't really want to set-up accounts just to enter a competition that I won't win anyway."

Jimyjames - You can only please some of the people some of the time, But not all of the people all of the time, & that is why I have a mixture of vids on my YouTube Channel.

walkingthedog

18964 posts

Then don’t Laughing

WTD ........... Nurse, the screens.

RAF96

10430 posts

Community Moderator

The idea of all these comps and brain teasers is clickbait to generate site user statistics. The prize is the bait. The questions insult one’s intelligence as the answer is on the page.

If you are not a user of a site/media then you can’t enter, simples as the adverts say.

Rob

Halton Brat - Running Win 10, 64-bit - RM (Pro-Pack) with Elite as Controller-A, Select as Walkabout and E-Link as Controller-B - Locos are mostly TTS. http://www.halton96th.org.uk/page21.html

RDS

3866 posts

Community Moderator

@GNR-Gordon-4

... What's the matter with letting us type our first name, last name and email address into three boxes, on the Hornby website ...

Jacob, sorry I am late, (very) with this comment but if you saw the amount of SPAM and other junk that is removed by Mods, sometimes extremely quickly, having been posted on here by unscrupulous people eager to obtain email addresses, you would see one reason, why addresses are not allowed.

00 Gauge. DCC. Elite (v1.43) with Select (v1.0) as Walkabout. RailMaster Pro running on a Windows 10 Laptop. 19 Loco's. 2nd copy of RailMaster (Not Pro) running on Windows 10 Desktop and Networked to the Laptop. Handheld RM running on Android Phone.

RAF96

10430 posts

Community Moderator

I would remind you of the Jeremy Clarkson debacle where he told his bank details on Top Gear for people to contribute to saying it was safe as houses, and he was well and truly stuffed when someone used those details to subscribe to several charities or some such money drain.

Even with just your basic details these bad guys can do you an awful lot of damage. Keep your personal data safe.

Rob

Halton Brat - Running Win 10, 64-bit - RM (Pro-Pack) with Elite as Controller-A, Select as Walkabout and E-Link as Controller-B - Locos are mostly TTS. http://www.halton96th.org.uk/page21.html

GNR-Gordon-4

5155 posts

@RDS and RAF96

First off, I would like to apologise for my late reply. Smile

For the past year, or maybe a bit longer, I have been watching all new episodes shown on BBC One. If I have for what ever reason missed that showing, then I catch up with it on BBC iPlayer. The revealed on that programme of how people can get your person data is very surprising and from things that you could never guess where people could steal your personal data from. It's very disturbing really of how people have had there data stolen and what from. You just hope it does not happen to yourself.

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

A Thomas & Friends OO, HO and OO-9 Model Railway Gauge's Collector Since 2005, an Eddie Stobart Spotter and Collector Since 2010 and an Airfix QUICK BUILD Collector Since 2017

Please create an account or login to reply.

Forum Rules

• The Hornby Forum is intended for discussion of all things model railways. Primarily a place for newcomers to ask questions and seek assistance from like-minded individuals, the Hornby Forum offers a user community for all those interested in railways.
  • Discussion of non-Hornby brands is allowed, however, active promotion or advertising of these brands is not permitted.
  • Please keep in mind that the Hornby Forum is a publicly viewable space and you should never post personal information (including email addresses). 
  • While every effort is made to contact you before any censorship, we reserve the right to amend or remove any content without explanation.
  • All customer service enquiries should be directed to Hornby Customer Services.

Useful Links

Forum Guidelines

Membership Restricted Product