M Menu
b 0 Items s

SBeen busy.

Been busy this evening, hunted out the counter display case from the old family shop.  After a good dust removal it looks good. Looks tidy for something from 1975.

I can remember the latest models being displayed in it.  I put a Lima 4F and coach in it today, looks the part nicely.  Going to put it in my new home as a talking point.

Jimyjames

870 posts

look good M. R. - should put a few shhep in there aswell or other wise the grass might get a bit out of hand!!! WinkLaughing

Jimyjames - You can only please some of the people some of the time, But not all of the people all of the time, & that is why I have a mixture of vids on my YouTube Channel.

It's an idea but I want to keep it original as it is a reminder of the family past. I have a second rough example so might improve that one.

Garston Docks

887 posts

Looks nice. Don't forget those Jinty chimney screws I enquired about!

ellocoloco

232 posts

Is that the HO Lima 4F in there................?

I don't recognise the coach but they look a good pair.......

It is the HO scale Lima 4F along with an HO scale Lima LMS coach.

ellocoloco

232 posts

I have the black 4F somewhere, and although it will probably still run, it was 'abused' before I got it......

Maybe I'll did it out and see if I can make it respectable again......................

Rana Temporia

314 posts

Somewhere along the way I have acquired a couple of those HO locos and adapted one with a Peco coupling on the tender to run with my Playcraft HO stock.I also have a couple of the class 33 diesels awaiting the coupling change and maybe conversion to class 26. 

The weak point with these locos, as with the Lima Crab and King is maintaining electrical continuity through the tender coupling. The arrangement provides an intermittent supply at best and if the metal gets too oxidised there will be no power flowing at all. I have done a bodge on one by soldering a wire between loco and tender and this results in fairly good runnnig most of the time. 

A shame these weten’t made 00 but then again they wouldn’t stand up to today’s standards with centre wheels unconnected to the rods and fairly coarse body mouldings. The red LMS version looks nice but I think they were only ever in unlined blacK for the LMS and BR. Of interest is they also did an 0 gauge version of this loco which was later available as a battery powered engine, Tri-ang big-big train style. I think it was also available in a special zoo set with no tender at some point? 

Col

The set was a bargain so snapped it up.  The Red/Crimson Lake LMS version was produced by Lima and is in original factory livery.

Please create an account or login to reply.

Forum Rules

• The Hornby Forum is intended for discussion of all things model railways. Primarily a place for newcomers to ask questions and seek assistance from like-minded individuals, the Hornby Forum offers a user community for all those interested in railways.
  • Discussion of non-Hornby brands is allowed, however, active promotion or advertising of these brands is not permitted.
  • Please keep in mind that the Hornby Forum is a publicly viewable space and you should never post personal information (including email addresses). 
  • While every effort is made to contact you before any censorship, we reserve the right to amend or remove any content without explanation.
  • All customer service enquiries should be directed to Hornby Customer Services.

Useful Links

Forum Guidelines

Membership Restricted Product