c Available to Pre-order now Don't miss out! Pre-order today and be amongst the first to receive this item.Pre-order FAQ's
- What is a pre-order? It is possible to secure some items before they come into stock by pre-ordering on the website. This is especially useful when a product is anticipated to be popular, and could sell out in a short time once released.
- When will my pre-order arrive? The product listing gives an estimated arrival time for the product, please note that this date can change due to changes in manufacturing and shipping schedules. These dates are updated monthly, keep track of your pre-orders by logging into My Orders for the latest estimated arrival date. When stock arrives, pre-orders are despatched in the order that they were placed.
What happens if the price of my item changes while on pre-order? If the price of your pre-order item changes after you have placed your order, we will only ever charge you the lowest price between time of ordering and when the item comes into stock and is despatched to you. For example, if you pre-order an item and the price is subsequently increased, you will still be charged the original price. However, if you pre-order an item and the price is subsequently decreased, you will be charged the lower price.
- When will I be charged? Your card will only be charged when the items are in-stock and ready to be despatched.
- Are my card details safe? Yes – we use an external, secure payment system, Braintree (part of PayPal) to store and handle your card details.
- Can I cancel my pre-order? Yes – you can cancel a pre-order before it has been despatched. Log into My Orders, or contact our Customer Care team with your pre-order number on 01843 233525 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Can I pay by PayPal for a pre-order? Yes you can.
- How many items can I pre-order? There is no limit to the number of pre-orders that you can place. However, for some products there may be a limit on the number of units that can be pre-ordered. This will be clearly marked on the product listing.
- How do delivery charges apply to pre-orders? Pre-order items will be despatched as soon as they come into stock and will therefore incur delivery charges where applicable. If you have different pre-order items in your basket, or a mixture of pre-order and in stock items these will each show a separate delivery charge.
- What happens if my registered card expires before my item comes into stock? If your card expires, we will send you an email asking you to log into your account and update your card details.
- What if I decide to pay with a different card after I place my pre-order? You can change the registered card for each pre-order by visiting My Orders.
- Will you definitely have the stock to fulfil my pre-order? Yes – unlike some websites, which take pre-orders without securing stock in advance, we guarantee that we have secured stock levels for our pre-orders. In the unlikely event that we cannot honour your pre-order (except when a product is completely withdrawn before release) we will give you a £10 gift voucher to spend on the website.
- Can I make a pre-order by post or telephone? Yes you can, but payment must be with a credit/debit card. Please call our Customer Care team on 01843 233525 or email@example.com
- Can I use a Club or discount code on pre-orders? Yes you can.
FREE UK Delivery when you spend over £30.
Please allow up to 3 working days for UK delivery following the day you placed your order.
* Club membership packages do not count towards free delivery thresholds
Europe - 3-5 days
Rest of World - 5-10 days
We also offer FREE delivery to selected international destinations
The British Railways Class 08 0-6-0 diesel electric shunter, developed from the similar LMS design, eventually became British Railways’ largest, and probably most recognised, fleet of locomotives. The last of the LMS designs was completed in June 1952 and October that year the first two locomotives, 13000 and 13001, were sent for trials at Toton, using the same English Electric EE6K 350hp power unit as the LMS designs. 996 units were built between 1952 and 1962 at BR’s workshops in Crewe, Darlington, Derby, Doncaster and Horwich and over 300 still remain in traffic.
Numbering of the class in the 13xxx series continued until June 1957, with 13357, when the ‘1’ was dropped and replaced with the identifier ‘D’. Those 13xxx series locomotives were eventually renumbered by mid-1962, only to be renumbered again from September 1973 under the TOPS scheme as 08xxx. Up to 1957, all locomotives had been delivered in plain black livery, with red buffer beams, after this date the delivery livery was changed to plain green with red buffer beams. Yellow and black chevrons were added on the ends later, with the BR blue livery starting in late 1966.
Locomotive 08623 was delivered from Derby Works in October 1959, being renumbered from D3790 on December 31, 1973. 08623 was the second of Bescot Yard’s Class 08 shunters to be repainted in Schenker’s distinctive red livery.
- F0 Headlight/rearlight
- F1 Engine start/stop
- F2 Whistle long
- F3 Whistle 2 bursts
- F4 Brake squeal
- F5 Notch up
- F6 Notch down
- F7 Return to idle
- F8 Thrash
- F9 Cold start override
- F10 Horn 3 bursts
- F11 Horn 2 bursts
- F12 Reverser
- F13 Air release
- F14 Air dump
- F15 Detonator
- F16 Couple
- F17 Un-couple
- F18 Primer
- F19 Exhauster
- F20 Compressor
- F21 Handbrake
- F22 Spirax valve
- F23 Flange squeal
- F24 Metal door
- F25 Aux
Our Hornby engineers have developed a unique sound decoder that not only provides superior DCC control but also dedicated sounds associated with the locomotives that have been installed with this new sound decoder - TTS Twin Track Sound.
Hornby is a household name and is famous as the UK's brand leader in the model railway hobby with its high quality 00 gauge (1:76) models and accessories.
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
|DCC Type||DCC Fitted|
|Operator/Livery||DB Schenker, DBS Cherry Red|
|Motor||5 Pole Skew Wound. Loco Drive|
- NEM Couplings