BR 4-6-2 'Flying Scotsman' 60103 A3 Class, Brunswick Green with TTS Sound
FREE UK Delivery when you spend over £30.
Please allow up to 3 working days for UK delivery following the day you placed your order.
* Club membership packages do not count towards free delivery thresholds
Europe - 3-5 days
Rest of World - 5-10 days
We also offer FREE delivery to selected international destinations
At danger of being sold into overseas ownership, 60103 Flying Scotsman was incorporated into the National Collection in April 2004 following a successful fundraising campaign, led by the National Railway Museum, to save the locomotive.
Decisions were taken to bring the locomotive in for heavy intermediate repair in September 2004, followed in January 2006 by an eighteen month heavy general repair. For the next five years, Flying Scotsman was subject to a vicious cycle of maintenance, as each problem addressed led to the discovery of new faults. In May 2011, it was believed that the locomotive was nearing a return to steam, with just a few tests remaining to be carried out, when the discovery of cracks in the frame and horn blocks stopped progress. Faced with the choice between restoration and preservation, the National Railway Museum opted for the former and an intensive restoration programme, at the workshops of Riley & Son (E) of Bury, began.
Now fully restored and resplendent in its final British Railways livery of Brunswick Green and numbered as 60103, Flying Scotsman’s return to steam in 2016 caught the nation’s imagination, with scores of well-wishers and enthusiasts turning out to catch a glimpse of the locomotive on the mainline.
Minimum curve Hornby 2nd radius + / 438mm+
- F0 Headlight/rearlight
- F1 Steam/exhaust/coasting
- F2 Whistle 4 bursts
- F3 Whistle 2 bursts
- F4 Whistle short burst
- F5 Door slamming
- F6 Wheel slip
- F7 Coal shovelling
- F8 Blow down
- F9 Safety valve
- F10 Injector
- F11 Cyclinder cock
- F12 Brake
- F13 Blower
- F14 Guard's whistle
- F15 Coupler clank
- F16 Fireman's breakfast
- F17 Toggle sound mode
- F18 Aux lighting
Our Hornby engineers have developed a unique sound decoder that not only provides superior DCC control but also dedicated sounds associated with the locomotives that have been installed with this new sound decoder - TTS Twin Track Sound.
Hornby is a household name and is famous as the UK's brand leader in the model railway hobby with its high quality 00 gauge (1:76) models and accessories.
Detailed scale model. Not suitable for children under 14 years.Please refer to the safety notes in the enclosed instruction leaflet. Colours and contents may differ from those illustrated. Please retain these details and the address for future reference.
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
|DCC Type||DCC Fitted|
|Operator/Livery||Late BR, Lined Green|
|Designer||Sir Nigel Gresley|
|Motor||5 Pole Skew Wound. Loco Drive|
- NEM Couplings
Product Questions & Answers Sign in or register to ask a question
Do you have a question about this product that other customers may be able to answer? Simply log in to the website and ask - other customers can then offer their help and answers.
Questions submitted should be aimed at other collectors, especially those that have previously purchased the model. The Q&A feature is not designed for contacting Customer Care or addressing Hornby Hobbies directly. If you do have a question for us, please do still contact us but use the Contact Us page instead.
Submissions that violate these rules (and the Guidelines) will be declined.
Please read the questions & answers guidelines before asking or answering a question.
- Once submitted, questions and answers should appear on the website within 72 hours, however, we will endeavour to approve both questions and answers as soon as possible.
- Please keep questions relevant and related to the product you’re asking it on. General questions can be asked on our Forum or sent straight to Customer Services
- Remember to keep questions and answers short and concise. Longer questions and answers are less likely to be read.
- Be sure to vote on answers you find either helpful or unhelpful. These votes are vital to getting the most helpful answers to other collectors.
- Please refrain from asking questions involving other manufacturers. For example, asking if something is better or worse than a competitor’s product is not permitted.
- Do not include personal information (email addresses or telephone numbers) in any question or answer.
- Any questions or answers that contain profanities, distasteful language or promotional material will not be approved. This also applies to Nicknames.