Operating Conveyor Conversion
How to convert a standard DC Operating Conveyor for DCC Operation
There are some Hornby accessories that may function better under the control of a locomotive decoder instead of the accessory decoder. These include the Turntable, the Operating Tipper, and the Operating Conveyor. The use of a Locomotive decoder will allow for fine control of the motor speed in these accessories.
Please note that modifying the below accessory requires use of a soldering iron and should only be carried out by an experienced modeller who is competent with making the required modifications.
Wiring the Operating Conveyor
- Cut the plug off of the R8249 Locomotive Decoder and strip the RED, BLACK, ORANGE and GREY wires ready for soldering.
- Cut the plugs off both the BROWN and BLACK wires that protrude from the base of the Operating Conveyor and strip them ready for soldering.
- Solder the ORANGE wire from the decoder to the BROWN wire from the Operating Conveyor and wrap the join with insulating tape. Similarly, solder the GREY wire from the decoder to the BLACK wire from the Operating Conveyor and wrap the join with insulating tape.
- It is necessary for the RED and BLACK wires from the decoder to be connected to the track. For ease of use it is recommended that the RED and BLACK wires from the decoder are connected to RED and BLACK wire from the track are joined together using an electrical terminal block.
- Ensure that all remaining wires from the decoder are individually wrapped with insulating tape to prevent short circuits.
Please note that Hornby cannot accept responsibility for damages caused by the above procedures. The above modifications are carried out at the owners risk