Skip to main Content
Search Hornby
Search Tips
Newsletter Signup

Newsletter Signup

Queries on R3037XS Class 08 Shunter D3963

• Pantherdave (29 posts) , 457 days ago 12:58 18 January 2013

Having bought new 2 locos with sound for my new DCC layout the forum kindly helped me with my Black 5 which was solved finally by having it replaced. My other loco Class 08 runs ok but I've a couple of queries on it.

1) On the sound instruction sheet under 2.1 function assignments, all the sounds work fine but I've just seen under F0 it says directional headlights. I presume this means that using this function lights come on in the direction the loco is travelling? Nothing lights up on mine at all.

2) On the other instruction sheet enclosed with the loco on the centre pages under item 2 accessories, there's a drawing of bits and pieces to be attached to the end of the shunter. There was definitely nothing in the pack besides the loco...so I'm presuming there should have been.....?

Both the instruction sheets I'm talking about are on the Hornby site to view.

Anyone got a R3037XS and got any help or comment on this before I ring the supplier ( the same one as supplied my Black 5!) to raise these two queries?

• 2e0dtoeric (1527 posts) , 457 days ago 16:20 18 January 2013

No lights on mine, either. I don't recall if there was an accessory pack.

if it works first time, you did something wrong!

• andys steam dayz (64 posts) , 457 days ago 16:43 18 January 2013

Hi I have this loco and it has never had lights only sound.If you look on you tube none have lights on this particular loco just sound
    Regards

• Graskie (4330 posts) , 457 days ago 17:03 18 January 2013

I have R2903XS late BR crest Class 08 D3105. Its Operating Manual does not show function 0 as doing anything, but there is a small accessories pack included.

The out of Controller

• The son of Triangman (3311 posts) , 457 days ago 17:19 18 January 2013

Function 0 is usually lighting on most decoders sound or not, the loco doesn't have lights though, so no lights are installed. The accesory pack sounds like it is missing, a case of return to the retailer me thinks for an accessory pack.

Tri-ang Rocks!

• koo9 (290 posts) , 457 days ago 19:10 18 January 2013

The small accessories pack is usually in the styrene pack in a poly bag at the top where the Hornby logo is.

• Pantherdave (29 posts) , 457 days ago 22:21 18 January 2013

Thanks everyone, I couldn't see any lights but it must be an error on the sound instruction sheet which can be viewed on this site under Downloads as under F0 it says "directional lighting" as I mentioned in my post. AS you all confirm there is no lighting I'm happy I'm not missing anything!! The Black 5 I have with sound says F0 is "non applicable" which is of course correct and the shunter should really have said that too.

I noticed the Black 5 with sound bought at the same time had an accessory pack ( and the shunter definitely didn't...shall have a word with the Liverpool supplier who was very helpful on the Black 5 I had replaced. Hopefully they have another shunter in stock and will open that up and send me the accessory pack.

• poliss (4617 posts) , 456 days ago 00:31 19 January 2013

Have you searched inside the box thoroughly? Sometimes accessories are well hidden.

Get off the line Bobby.

• Pantherdave (29 posts) , 455 days ago 11:10 20 January 2013

Phoned Liverpool supplier and the accessories are in a recessed space in the polystyrene at top of the box as described by koo9. Mine was definitely empty...supplier went away to check stock, phoned me back and popping a pack in the post. Excellent customer service!

• koo9 (290 posts) , 455 days ago 13:43 20 January 2013

Pleased you got a good result at the end.

You are not currently logged in, please log in to post a new reply.

Simply enter your query and press enter to search the website.

To search for an exact phrase put double quotes around the words. For example, the search “Tanker Wagon” will only return results that include both of these words together.

To exclude a word from your search add a minus sign immediately before the word to be excluded. For example, the search EWS –Locomotive will return all items with EWS in the title or description but excluding any that include the word Locomotive.

This item has been added to your basket