Hornby 2015 Range Announcements

Jeremiah

FROM THE HORNBY NEWS SECTION!

Date:
19/11/2014

/wp/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Hornby-Logo-WP.jpg

The Hornby team is busy working on the 2015 catalogue which is due to be announced on Wednesday 17th December.

Just 28 days to go!

Ahead of this crucial date in every railway modeller’s calendar we have seen a record number of announcements by retailers, and manufacturers on models they intend to make.
Well we’ve been working on a range of models for between twelve and eighteen months preparing for our launch date.

We have no intention of changing our plans, and we will be showcasing just some of these items at the forthcoming Warley Model Railway Show at the NEC over the weekend of 22nd & 23rd November.

Let the discussion, and countdown commence.

Looking forward to seeing you all at stand B25.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All fine and dandy for those who can attend that show to see what may be available in future but what about those who cannot attend? When do they find out? December 17? A full month later? Ah well... suppose time will go swiftly and we shall be grateful to Hornby for at least pushing new models... :-)

What would I like to see? Better lights for DCC operation, new track including slips etc, crossings with lights, in fact all new stuff which would be DCC ready away from locos and rolling stock.

That doesn't mean no new locos or rolling stock... far from it! A brand new BR Blue Class 37 in Super Detail, a Class 31 Super Detail that is NOT weathered and loads more.

What is required and seemingly a popular thing is for Hornby to bring its stock out of the seventies and eighties and bring it into modern day with new technologies included in the design. Even if LEDs are not added the 'space' for them should be made ready and included in the 'mould' say for a buffer, signals, buildings etc. It is difficult to see how this cannot be implemented except to say Hornby may say that they cannot cater for all fitments of lighting from different companies. Well then - bring out a standard starting with your own where the rest will see it as decent and go along with it.

Is no one from the Hornby Forum going to the Warley show? Shouldn't be anything stopping those that attend from sharing the info...

That would be great if they could. So there's a task for anyone going... make a list of all new sightings and share with us who cannot get there. I've wanted to do this show for a couple of years now but there's always life which gets in the way. Yhanks for the suggestion Admin... now let's see who can deliver for us... haway chaps... get the pens and notebooks at the ready... :-)

Impressive Jeremiah, had the thread created in less than half an hour since the article was published on the website!

What are you all hoping for in 2015? Are there any guesses as to some of the models that might be announced? I'll be sure to update this thread with new information (if Jeremiah doesn't beat me to it of course!) as it's released.

Well I keep a close tab on my favorite's companies website all day, I was looking forward to this announcement...

My wishlist for 2015 would be (a detailed list, just hoping something will be there):-

- *RE-TOOL* Class 37 (Regional Railways, BR Blue, Loadhaul, Mainline and DBS liveries).

- *RE-TOOL* Class 59/66 (Yeoman, EWS, DBS, DRS and Freightliner liveries).

- *RE-TOOL* Class 86 (BR Blue, IC, Colas Rail and RES liveries).

- *RE-TOOL* Class 90 (RfD, DRS, RES and DBS liveries). >>I STRESS ON THIS....<<

- *NEW-TOOLING* 0-4-0 Sentinel Shunter (with outside cranks).

- Single/double track level crossing with lifting booms (working)

- Single/double slip crossovers (express)

- 3rd and 4th radius curve points

- NOT AN ADAMS RADIAL

- Mk3 coaches (updated with NEM couplings)

I hope that I may have guess something correct, personally I'd love Hornby to do the Class 90 to your regular high standards, that is ofcourse a personal wish and if anyone at Hornby actually check your past emails, tweets and Facebook suggestions you'll will notice that I've suggested the Class 90 numerous times (simply because it is one of the popular modern day AC locos and Hornby do most of the complementing rolling stock i.e. Mk3s, Mk3 DVT, KFAs etc. Hornby also do a better representation of the pantogragh which can be seen on the Class 87 and Pendolino.

On the other hand, as much as the Adams Radial topped the wishlist polls for years, there is already 3-4 companies doing them and it's going to be a mess after that.

So best of luck Hornby, I eagerly await the 17th of December....

Cheers!

J.

PS: I hope it's a Hornby Class 90 (I just had to say that)

Is no one from the Hornby Forum going to the Warley show? Shouldn't be anything stopping those that attend from sharing the info...

I would if flight tickets to England from India were cheap and if train travel within the UK were also cheaper.

Maybe one day I'll make it across.

Date: 19/11/2014

The Hornby team is busy working on the 2015 catalogue which is due to be announced on Wednesday 17th December.

Just 28 days to go!

Ahead of this crucial date in every railway modeller’s calendar we have seen a record number of announcements by retailers, and manufacturers on models they intend to make.

Well we’ve been working on a range of models for between twelve and eighteen months preparing for our launch date.

We have no intention of changing our plans, and we will be showcasing just some of these items at the forthcoming Warley Model Railway Show at the NEC over the weekend of 22nd & 23rd November.

It's nice to have advanced warning of 2015 items but are we likely to see any of the models before this time next year?! How about clearing the current backlog as we are still waiting for some of the 2014 announcements to show themselves!

Are any of the following in this years list? - SR U class, updated Dean Goods (loco drive), ESSO Class A and B tank wagons (1958 variety like Dapol kit), 40t Weltrol wagon.

Looking forward to new stuff but I will not be holding my breath.

Hello everyone, just going to post what I hope Hornby announce for the 2015 products.

Steam Locomotives

EX GWR:

15xx Pannier Tank (As preserved at the Severn Valley)

29xx Saint (As under construction at Didcot)

Railmotor (As preserved at Didcot)

Ex SR:

S15 Class (As preserved at Bluebell, Mid Hants and North Yorkshire Moors Railways)

Ex London Transport:

Metropolitan No 1 (As preserved)

Coaching Stock

GWR Toplight coaches

GWR Hawksworth Inspection Saloon

Freight Stock

New GWR Siphon Vans

Thanks,

Seb

If the article us published on this web site why republish it again on the Forum?

I thought you might have something extra to tell us Jerimia. Got me all excited.

1) Not everyone really bothers to see the NEWS section

2) *Jeremiah*

3) Sorry to get you excited, maybe the admin can change the title of this thread to something more apropriate.

Date: 19/11/2014

Just 28 days to go!

what do you have in store for Thomas & Friends?

If the article us published on this web site why republish it again on the Forum?

I thought you might have something extra to tell us Jerimia. Got me all excited.

1) Not everyone really bothers to see the NEWS section

2) *Jeremiah*

3) Sorry to get you excited, maybe the admin can change the title of this thread to something more apropriate.

Sorry I spelt your name wrong Jeremiah it usually comes up on my spell check.

How can you tell what sections we read?

I'd like to see some BR Standard 4 & 5 4-6-0s, a Standard 4 2-6-4T, an Aspinall L&Y 0-6-0ST and an LNER J70 tram. I don't expect any of them!

I'd go with the Aspinall

But it would be unlikely the 5STD 4 STD't would be done as Bachmann does them. and so the sales would be very thin to recupe the cost of tooling etc

I'd like to see some BR Standard 4 & 5 4-6-0s, a Standard 4 2-6-4T, an Aspinall L&Y 0-6-0ST and an LNER J70 tram. I don't expect any of them!

I'd go with the Aspinall

But it would be unlikely the 5STD 4 STD't would be done as Bachmann does them. and so the sales would be very thin to recupe the cost of tooling etc

I thought as much.

I would like to see 5th radious curves. So i can do four main lines. Using 2nd,3rd,4th & 5th radious curves. Plus some completely retooled locos such as a brand new class 37 & class 47 to the same spec as your class 60s & class 50s.

Thanks John.

I would like to see 5th radious curves. So i can do four main lines. Using 2nd,3rd,4th & 5th radious curves. Plus some completely retooled locos such as a brand new class 37 & class 47 to the same spec as your class 60s & class 50s.

Thanks John.

Fifth rad curves are a doddle to make with flexi. Nice and gentle. No real need to make them.

A new 0-4-0 accurate to scale (using the L&Y pug chassis?) and recogniseable as one of the many designs of 0-4-0 that can be found around the UK today... I know I've said it before but I genuinely didn't believe that two of Hornby's 0-4-0s were actual locos until recently. Seriously though, some small locos like a peckett 0-4-0ST, Manning Wardle 0-4-0ST or an LNER Y7 would be cool.

A new 0-4-0 accurate to scale (using the L&Y pug chassis?) and recogniseable as one of the many designs of 0-4-0 that can be found around the UK today... I know I've said it before but I genuinely didn't believe that two of Hornby's 0-4-0s were actual locos until recently. Seriously though, some small locos like a peckett 0-4-0ST, Manning Wardle 0-4-0ST or an LNER Y7 would be cool.

No no no no. I am All for a new locomotives but with brand new chassis. Don't ruin a new 0-4-0 with a thats close enough chassis

No no no no. I am All for a new locomotives but with brand new chassis. Don't ruin a new 0-4-0 with a thats close enough chassis

Archived